condensation (solved) (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
How much is too much condensation? Vid below.

Last edited:
It seems fine.

If it was a blueish tint and hung around in the air longer, it may be oil. If it was thick white and smelled more it may be coolant. But if it just evaps into the air seems fine.

Check your fluid levels just to be safe. Then, give it an Italian tune up and keep it moving ...

Does it smell sweet like maple syrup? Nasty like burning oil?

Edit: It's not magic smoke since it's coming from the tailpipe, so you got that going for you

Last edited:
Does it smell sweet like maple syrup? Nasty like burning oil?

Edit: It's not magic smoke since it's coming from the tailpipe, so you got that going for you

Nope, thankfully doesn’t smell like coolant or burning oil. It seems more like vapor than smoke, so could’ve just been that, fingers crossed. Just was alarming. The exhaust always smells a little bit since these things run rich by nature, but it smells as it always has.

I’m probably just worrying too much. I’ve had a vehicle that had bad valves and had a bit of blue smoke, and then had a Jeep that had a blown head gasket so kinda seen both sides and this seemed like neither which is both comforting and puzzling.

Anyway, thanks for the input!

Nope, thankfully doesn’t smell like coolant or burning oil. It seems more like vapor than smoke, so could’ve just been that, fingers crossed. Just was alarming. The exhaust always smells a little bit since these things run rich by nature, but it smells as it always has.

I’m probably just worrying too much. I’ve had a vehicle that had bad valves and had a bit of blue smoke, and then had a Jeep that had a blown head gasket so kinda seen both sides and this seemed like neither which is both comforting and puzzling.

Anyway, thanks for the input!
Have no fear , the 2uz won't disappoint you.

Check fluid levels and monitor them for a bit just to be sure.

After my truck sits for a week or so it dumps out condensation steam, especially this time of year with varying temps.

Have no fear , the 2uz won't disappoint you.

Check fluid levels and monitor them for a bit just to be sure.

After my truck sits for a week or so it dumps out condensation steam, especially this time of year with varying temps.
Sounds good, thanks again for your input!

Yup looks to be normal tailpipe emissions after long periods os no use. I usually get water droplets from the tailpipe as well pudding on the bottom of it.

Probably not your problem, but check your power steering fluid. My wife's GX was puffing big smoke clouds on startup and it ended up that the vacuum control valve on the power steering pump has gone bad allowing transmission fluid to be sucked into the intake.

1668086019981.png

Vehicles produce water vapor and/or steam depending on the various temperatures at play. Yours looks normal to me. A compression check is easy and quick to do though if you want further peace of mind.

Probably not your problem, but check your power steering fluid. My wife's GX was puffing big smoke clouds on startup and it ended up that the vacuum control valve on the power steering pump has gone bad allowing transmission fluid to be sucked into the intake.
Ah good call, definetly worth checking.

Could check power steering fluid and see if it's low as a starting point. I'd suggest removing those vacuum lines to check for fluid but those air vanes are brittle and it could break.

Odds are your just blowing condensation out the back. The comment about the fuel running rich is strange. Either way just check and monitor your fluid levels to be sure.

A quick follow up, it hasn’t done it since. Condensation be damned!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom