How rare is the Amazon Green color? (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

From light to heavy smoke smell:

1) Febreze works suprisingly well, the mini-bottle you can buy from Autozone did the trick for me
2) A more odor focused cleaner like Meguiars G2316
Amazon.com: Meguiar's G2316 Odor Eliminator - 16 oz.: Automotive
3) An odor bomb
https://www.walmart.com/ip/Meguiar-s-Air-Freshener-New-Car/36448452
4) A commercial Ozone machine. We use these for rental properties to get smoke smell out. Smaller units work for cars too

I'll second Febreeze. I had a 5 gallon gas can fall over in the trunk of my 4Runner and spill about a quart of fuel. Threw away the cargo mat, steam cleaned, scrubbed, spent 2 days at the detail shop with an Ozonator, and still after about a week the smell came back. As a last ditch effort before I dumped the truck at Carmax I sprayed a bottle of Febreeze all over the carpet several times over the course of a day, and it completely eliminated the smell.

Granted smoke smell gets into the vents and what not, but I'm sure if there's any lingering smell weeks or months from now you'll be able to eliminate it with a little effort.

They did not mention smoke. He did say that it was so nice that they kept it I. The dealer showroom floor. Being that the car is in the Hamptons, I imagine you are going to have some pretty discriminating buyers so I assume they addressed it. If it is not up to my satisfaction, I have recourse since it is a Toyota certified vehicle. With only 43k miles, I think I can probably get it addressed through a dealer concession if needed. I will have it here this weekend so I will go through it.

I am confident they got the smoke smell out. I would say there is a good chance most of us have purchased a used vehicle that was smoked in, but because of the tricks of the trade, the dealer was able to eliminate the smoke and it went unnoticed. Worst case, you can use some of the methods stated in the this thread to help if you still detect the smell. Please know I am not trying to rain on your parade and it appears the LC is mint. I just wanted to give you a heads up in case they didn't disclose that info. Again, I am confident they worked hard to get the smell out and you still have avenues to pursue if not. Congrats again, and I am jealous of your new rig :)

I am confident they got the smoke smell out. I would say there is a good chance most of us have purchased a used vehicle that was smoked in, but because of the tricks of the trade, the dealer was able to eliminate the smoke and it went unnoticed. Worst case, you can use some of the methods stated in the this thread to help if you still detect the smell. Please know I am not trying to rain on your parade and it appears the LC is mint. I just wanted to give you a heads up in case they didn't disclose that info. Again, I am confident they worked hard to get the smell out and you still have avenues to pursue if not. Congrats again, and I am jealous of your new rig :)

I think one advantage of leather seats is that they aren't stink magnets like cloth seats can be. Perhaps even more resistant if you do NOT have the seat coolers.

I've spoken to a few sales people at Toyota dealerships and from talking with them it seems like most LC's are special ordered as it's not something most dealers keep on the lot since its such a low volume vehicle. Is that accurate?

If that's the case, I'm surprised there are so few amazon green's around. Seems to be the consensus that it looks great on the 200's. Everyone likes it but no one gets it when spec'ing out a new one...

I've spoken to a few sales people at Toyota dealerships and from talking with them it seems like most LC's are special ordered as it's not something most dealers keep on the lot since its such a low volume vehicle. Is that accurate?

If that's the case, I'm surprised there are so few amazon green's around. Seems to be the consensus that it looks great on the 200's. Everyone likes it but no one gets it when spec'ing out a new one...

There is usually oneCruiser at my Toyota dealer, but I'm sure it varies dealer to dealer. Regardless...I don't think forest green is even an option any more.

I'm veryinterested int he amazon green with tan interior and have been looking for quite some time. The green one with pics on this thread is for sale on cars.com and there is a green/black for sale at San Francisco Toyota--the first two I've seen since I started looking. Suggestions on the best sites to locate a green/tan 200? Many thanks

I'm veryinterested int he amazon green with tan interior and have been looking for quite some time. The green one with pics on this thread is for sale on cars.com and there is a green/black for sale at San Francisco Toyota--the first two I've seen since I started looking. Suggestions on the best sites to locate a green/tan 200? Many thanks

If you are looking at car dealerships, download Autolist app. It has helpful filters and I’ve used it to help friends find vehicles quite a few times. Also with track pricing history, and send alerts if something you’re looking for has been listed after your initial search.

If you are looking at car dealerships, download Autolist app. It has helpful filters and I’ve used it to help friends find vehicles quite a few times. Also with track pricing history, and send alerts if something you’re looking for has been listed after your initial search.
Many thanks

+1 greenie in TX now (DFW). 2008. Boy does she drive differently than my 04. Hard to believe it's the "same" model. I actually think the 100 will be better for running around town. It's just easier to drive (and the paint isn't mint, so don't worry about it as much). The steering is much heavier in the 200. Is this normal? I need to have my "pre" purchase inspection done, even though i just bought it. Brakes are much heavier too. Maybe some air in the lines? Or is this normal.

+1 greenie in TX now (DFW). 2008. Boy does she drive differently than my 04. Hard to believe it's the "same" model. I actually think the 100 will be better for running around town. It's just easier to drive (and the paint isn't mint, so don't worry about it as much). The steering is much heavier in the 200. Is this normal? I need to have my "pre" purchase inspection done, even though i just bought it. Brakes are much heavier too. Maybe some air in the lines? Or is this normal.
Pics! What part of the metroplex? Hope to see you around some time

Pics! What part of the metroplex? Hope to see you around some time
Grapevine
Now just worrying about hail. Not used to hail. Garage is sort of full.
23A7B025-160D-4082-9E41-2CCCD545B419.jpeg

I'm in Austin, where can I learn about these meetings?

@taylorbrooks you have to start on pg 3, as COVID slowed the meeting frequency, look for threads that say "(month) club meeting)" . it'll have a date and location. you can also suggest a meeting date and location and organize it for that month. Create a thread, introduce yourself, and throw out some ideas on meetings (or ask when the next one is)

Last month, we all went to Events - Lone Star Land Cruisers - https://www.lslc.org/events/

2008. It's got some scratches and bumps, but nothing too big. 132,000 miles and running like a champ. Talking to the dealer here in Abilene about adding the 3/8" OEM coil spacer on the front springs and then want to but some BFG KO2s on it. Would love to go with some bronze rims, but am leaning towards staying with the stock rims to save some $$$.

IMG_5019.jpg

IMG_5018.jpg

From what I can tell, the most rare - and perhaps most beautiful - 200 color is Nori Green Pearl (570 only). Never seen it in the wild, but I believe there is at least one owner here with it. Would love to find one with Parchment... AFAIK 2021 only.

1668379327494.png

From what I can tell, the most rare - and perhaps most beautiful - 200 color is Nori Green Pearl (570 only). Never seen it in the wild, but I believe there is at least one owner here with it. Would love to find one with Parchment... AFAIK 2021 only.

View attachment 3167132
@sreyes1103 has one he is bulding out. It's pretty sweet. I don't think he has a build thread, but there are posts throughout the big picture/what have you done threads.

I had no idea about the rarity of this color. I passed on it for a week. I was on the hunt for a LX570 with dark interior. Needless to say I ended up with a 08 LC. I don't see to many LC200 let alone a amazon in CT. It grew on me

20221013_121941.jpg

from what I understand it was 2021 Mindel to only get the nori green for the LX. Luckily when I purchased mine they had 2 in the Bellevue, Wa dealership. I have yet to see another on even the road.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom