LX570 REDARC brake controller Install (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Upgraded the 2019 LX570 with a brake controller. I have a little M416 trailer with an upgraded Dexter axle with electric brakes. Yes I know a bit of over kill. I added the Tow Pro Elite brake controller using the plug-play harness and the switch blank plug. Wicked easy the hardest part was looking up other videos on how to pop apart the dash and finding the factory controller plug hiding behind the dash. Parts included the EBRH-ACCV3-NA controller, TPH-021 plug/play wire harness TPH-021, and the plug blank TPSI-002. Husky not included. I grounded the unit via a bolt framing the dash metal work.

596C4236-E003-4588-9350-8DF2CC0C35DB.jpeg

791589F2-1A0E-4522-8CBE-D0DDE2ED6C14.jpeg

22A65DC7-12A1-4C68-B4B9-74F93E0F200F.jpeg

1A781B9F-95B5-44CA-97FA-F42FE5AC8686.jpeg

C4338B47-4F78-43AA-AADE-747C6775C412.jpeg

Nicely done. Do you have to pop up the leather panel with the start engine button? In some videos they also remove the plastic panels close to the floor mat. It seems that those panels are not removed on the first pic. Thanks.

Nicely done - i did remove the leather panel with the push start when i did mine. Super easy - 30 min. job.

Nicely done. Do you have to pop up the leather panel with the start engine button? In some videos they also remove the plastic panels close to the floor mat. It seems that those panels are not removed on the first pic. Thanks.
JMZ I found popping the instrument panel surround out then releases the leather from the top and it pops out easily. Here is a photo from when I installed the apple car play system which shows the surround popped out.

Thanks everyone for the information. Planning to add the same one for my 2017 LX next spring. It’s too cold outside. Just don’t want to break any clips.

I have used both the redarc and the Tekonsha Prodigy P3. The engagement on the P3 is much smoother and natural feeling. After about our 15th camping trip the redarc died on me. It happened while descending into Ponca. I was able to get everything shut down but the front rotors warped a bit. Once they cooled down they flattened out.

For me, outside of the visual clutter, the P3 is a much better experience. If I needed my brake controller to be hidden I would look at the Prodigy iD before I looked at redarc.

Last edited:
For whatever it is worth, I have had great luck with my Redarc Tow Pro Elite controllers on two 200 series and a Tundra.

I have used both the redarc and the Tekonsha Prodigy P3. The engagement on the P3 is much smoother and natural feeling. After about our 15th camping trip the redarc died on me. It happened while descending into Ponca. I was able to get everything shut down but the front rotors warped a bit. Once they cooled down they flattened out.

For me, outside of the visual clutter, the P3 is a much better experience. If I needed my brake controller to be hidden I would look at the Prodigy iD before I looked at redarc.
Where have you mounted the P3?

They are V2 and V3. The description on their website is not very clear. Said the V3 is supposed to have an even lower profile control knob. I called one of the distributors in Canada but they had no clue.

Both say V3. Difference might in what they come with.
I believe just updated packaging between those two V3’s, initially the V3 was sold worldwide except US, while US market continued with the older V2; may have been a regulatory compliance issue. I purchased a V3 from Australia in 2019, well prior to its release to the US market. V3 offers an updated firmware package over the V2 along with a modular control switch (easier to mount as it fits through the switch plate without removal, just pop off switch cover and snake wiring through from back without much disassembly) and better backlighting of the control.

tempImage1FEzvc.png

Last edited:
I’ve had the Tow Pro Elite V2 in the Cruiser for over a year now without issue. I use it often with the utility trailer, very satisfied and highly recommend.

I took a look around after a fee people asked the question about what the difference is between the v2 vs V3.
I found a few articles one from etrailer, one from Outdoors an Australian group. They all seem to tag of this release from Redarc Electronics

Upgraded the 2019 LX570 with a brake controller. I have a little M416 trailer with an upgraded Dexter axle with electric brakes. Yes I know a bit of over kill. I added the Tow Pro Elite brake controller using the plug-play harness and the switch blank plug. Wicked easy the hardest part was looking up other videos on how to pop apart the dash and finding the factory controller plug hiding behind the dash. Parts included the EBRH-ACCV3-NA controller, TPH-021 plug/play wire harness TPH-021, and the plug blank TPSI-002. Husky not included. I grounded the unit via a bolt framing the dash metal work.

View attachment 3172591

Which button did you remove in order to fit the redarc plate?

I'm considering moving or replacing my Easy Access Mode button, but I'm not sure if it will piss off the rig if I unplug it.

View attachment 3172587

View attachment 3172588

View attachment 3172589

View attachment 3172590

View attachment 3172591

Hey brother, and others here, where is this mythical plug and play harness?

Is it one cable to pre wired harness one to control knob? And that’s it?

I know it’s probably been asked a million times but since you have my MY LX, have you do you have a pic of where the existing plug is?

Thanks!

Hey brother, and others here, where is this mythical plug and play harness?

Is it one cable to pre wired harness one to control knob? And that’s it?

I know it’s probably been asked a million times but since you have my MY LX, have you do you have a pic of where the existing plug is?

Thanks!

Um guys, this is starting to be a bit of a project...

Ive taken out the two 10mm bolts from the bottom of the knee apron, as well as several surround pieces but i guess im worried about the airbag?
Seems like the '16+ is one piece and the left panel bank is too small to work through. The card holder is also a pop out cubby and one piece with the apron.

Battery is disconnected but should i try and disconnect the airbag before i start yanking on the apron from under the steering wheel gaps?
I DO NOT want to get my face obliterated by an airbag while my head is down there. Any precautions i can take aside from the above?

Thanks. Also putting the pedal commander somewhere down there finally.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom