Builds Big Green Buffalo Build Thread (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I found the limit of my fancy valves stems by way of breaking two of them off the truck 1 minute on trail 30 at Windrock.. i was hanging with a bunch of 100series guys for the day and they helped me swap my spare on and dismount a tire to replace the valve with a spare. Someone snapped some photos.. @MongooseGA and @patchagan on deck! Then GA and i did the other wheel back at the cabin so i had a spare ready to go again haha

E9CADED7-EE82-4EDF-856E-43879CAF83BE.jpeg
1495FBDF-6726-4AC2-B625-BC00B7FFDC1B.jpeg
D8962EED-CD16-4EE7-9B4C-9C268637B7F8.jpeg
0B6C0818-950B-444C-8A31-70ADB3B95D84.jpeg
670A5284-1976-44A8-B6D4-F1BA6E99908B.jpeg

Seems like at the level your rig has risen to, you’d be on beadlock wheels that would, among other things, have protected valve stems.

I didn’t know there were that many Ferraris in ATL.

Sweet build!! Next you will step up to a Ford GT! Dont fry me they are all sweet at that level

I always run rubber valve stems. They don't break off.
You can still clip rubber stems off ... ask me how I know :rolleyes:

Agreed though, rubber stems a lot more resilient. I've mashed enough rigid stems to change them out immediately if I buy rims with them already installed. Rock rings on beadlocks don't even protect them. All you need is a decent size pebble rolling around inside your rock ring and you'll take a "protected" rigid stem out.

YMMV I do tend to drive like an a******.

You can ask the tire shop for the rubber stems they use with load range E tires that run higher pressures like on HD pick-ups. Those valve stems are considerably thicker walled nd should tougher.

Wait, did you secure an Italian stallion for your stable?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom