What Did You Do with Your 80 This Weekend? (55 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Suspension Refresh on my LX was completed. Went with Dobinsons MRA 4" Lift 3-Way Adj. Shocks & VT Coils (2.5"). Also had Dobinsons Adj. Rear Lower Control Arms, and Adjustable F&R Panhard Bar installed along with fresh Bushings.

My previous setup was OME J Springs with some custom-valved Doetsch Tech 12.5" Extended Travel shocks. My overall Impressions of the Dobinsons MRA/VT setup is that there was no noticeable change in ride height. Center of wheel hub to bottom of fender lip measurements are within 1/4" of what I had before. Though the VT's definitely deliver more than the advertised 2.5" Lift. They're a lot like OME J Springs in that regard. The VT's are meant for heavier rigs, and I do have a Slee bumper and winch up front, but not a ton of weight in the back yet. The end result is a bit firmer, more controlled ride. Not harsh, but I may need to play around with rebound settings because it seems to overreact a little to bumps. It gets a little squirrelly hitting bumps at speed. But body roll is a definitely more controlled and everything just feels tighter. I'm sure the new bushings helped with that.

I'll be wheeling this coming weekend down at Truckhaven Hills. We'll see how it does.

First attempt to fix my defrost grid. This is 1 coat on 3½ lines. Permatex 09117. Doing more coats tomorrow as I run out of it.

Screenshot_20221121-024000_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20221121-023955_Gallery.jpg

23AAFA78-D4A2-4EDF-88CA-C9B21FBB3AB8.jpeg
4A4BB7DD-04AA-447A-998D-0D5FAEDDD1D8.jpeg

Installed the ARB Base rack. Real easy, really like it, I still fit in my garage with 2” to spare. I think I need to slide it about 4” aft to be just right.

Took the winch apart, seems there was water ingression as rust seized part that enabled the winch to be in free gear for pulling wire.

Lots of cleaning done, unfortunately seems the gasket is shot hence the water issue. Will need to get a silicon gasket.

View attachment 3173721

View attachment 3173722

View attachment 3173723
Don’t think you need a silicone gasket. Same happened here but was rebuilt fine after making some adjustments:

Good advice. I only wish I would have seen it before because this exact thing happened. I didn't get good coverage on the base at all so it's splotchy but not terrible. I saw a good opportunity to practice with the clear so I went ahead with that. The clear came out great (Spraymax 2K). I'll block it down and do again one of these days but for now it's much better than it was.View attachment 3155494

View attachment 3155495
Not bad at all.

:cool:

Earlier I posted I had changed my spark plugs. Here is a picture of the old plugs. Cylinder 1 is closest to the OEM Toyota parts box.

What is everyone's opinions on the condition of the spark plugs? What signs are they showing?

Spark Plugs.jpg

Earlier I posted I had changed my spark plugs. Here is a picture of the old plugs. Cylinder 1 is closest to the OEM Toyota parts box.

What is everyone's opinions on the condition of the spark plugs? What signs are they showing?

View attachment 3175541
Line them up 1-6 so we can see the tips and the open side of the gap and take a picture more like from the end so we can see the center conductor, the gap, and any color of the ceramic insulator on the threaded end.

Then we can tell you.

Line them up 1-6 so we can see the tips and the open side of the gap and take a picture more like from the end so we can see the center conductor, the gap, and any color of the ceramic insulator on the threaded end.

Then we can tell you.
I would if I could, they are in the garbage now.

They didn't look too horrible. How many miles were on them?
Maybe 10K, I swapped them out to fix my slight miss. But traced my rich running issue to my O2 sensors. The FSM says the O2 sensors should be 5-6.5 ohms, mine were 13-13.5.

Also going to be swapping out the coolant sensor that runs to the ECU so hoping that helps too. Not sure of the history of that sensor.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom