What have you done to your 200 Series this week? (68 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Installed our new Escape gear seat covers!!

tempImageccjhBI.jpg

tempImageaiVRd7.png

How hard are they to install? I should probably just go ahead and get these. Link?
I got them from Equipt Outfitters Toyota Land Cruiser 200 Series Seat Covers - https://www.equipt1.com/collections/escape-gear-seat-covers/products/toyota-land-cruiser-200-series-seat-covers
I acquired these because the quality is top notch. They take the better part of an hour to install, perhaps a bit more. I looked at other options around but these ticked all the boxes for me.

Does your center console cover hang up when you open it? I couldn’t get mine to operate smoothly so I yanked it.

Otherwise, you should enjoy these, mine have been killer.
Best bet is to remove the cover, hinges and inner liner of top and install cover straps between lid and liner. To remove hinges you'll need to pop off the consoles rear face plate. Another member did a writeup and pics on this site.

***edit*** Found the link: Equipt seat covers center console install - https://forum.ih8mud.com/threads/equipt-seat-covers-center-console-install.1110501/. Go to Post #23

Last edited:
I have been meaning to do this for awhile. I updated my light weight, low profile front\engine skid.

Updates:
Got rid of complicated sheetmetal parts
Addressed some interferences
More support for engine skid area
Added provisions for transmission skid and cat guards
Switched to metric hardware

Features:
Very low profile for maximum ground clearance (15.25" with my setup)
Light weight and high strength with support structure behind skid
All aluminum 30lbs (more oriented towards high speed desert driving)
Large oil filter access panel
Oil pan drain access

Hopefully I can get 5 members willing to get in on a prototype set. These will be sold below the prototype cost, for your time installing this along with any little issue that comes with a prototype product.

Pm me if you're interested.

Next is to design transmission skid that also guards the cats.

1669004688023.png

1669004722096.png

1669004886840.png

1669004787322.png

Mine op
Does your center console cover hang up when you open it? I couldn’t get mine to operate smoothly so I yanked it.

Otherwise, you should enjoy these, mine have been killer.
I’ll look into it but mine operates fine so far. Thanks for the heads up… I’ll also look into the link that was posted to see the solution.

Best bet is to remove the cover, hinges and inner liner of top and install cover straps between lid and liner. To remove hinges you'll need to pop off the consoles rear face plate. Another member did a writeup and pics on this site.

***edit*** Found the link: Equipt seat covers center console install - https://forum.ih8mud.com/threads/equipt-seat-covers-center-console-install.1110501/. Go to Post #23
I had followed the advice in that thread and disassembled the lid, running the straps behind the plastic interior lid panel. It fit great but upon opening it hung up on the back hinge area… the cover stitching was too think in that area to fit in between the opening lid and console. It’s entirely possible that there is enough variance between individual covers that mine is just chunky there and can’t fit through without dragging. I just looked through my photos and I failed to document the issue.

Got the low profile front recovery points in stock now.

6061-T6
Used with regular or soft shackle.
Rated at 10k Lbs with 2x saftey factor.
Used for recovery and tie down.
JIS 10.9 bolts and washers.

If I get 10 orders I can do ~$135 shipped to the lower 48. This is for 2 brackets and hardware.

PM me to order.

20221121_153958.jpg

20221121_153755.jpg

20221121_153749.jpg

Last edited:
Got the low profile front recovery points in stock now.

6061-T6
Used with regular or soft shackle.
Rated at 10k Lbs with 2x saftey factor.
Used for recovery and tie down.
JIS 10.9 bolts and washers.

If I get 10 orders I can do ~$135 shipped to the lower 48. This is for 2 brackets and hardware.

PM me to order.

View attachment 3174628

View attachment 3174629

View attachment 3174630
Just my opinion having worked with aramid fiber lines on yachts, but those corners are very sharp for the line. Break Strength of the line will be reduced by about 1/2

Just my opinion having worked with aramid fiber lines on yachts, but those corners are very sharp for the line. Break Strength of the line will be reduced by about 1/2
Good, hopefully the soft shackle breaks first. :)

Last edited:
Last edited:
Fit check

D3CE0DAB-139E-499E-AFD4-245084A007EB.jpeg

safety chains super z8 that fits up to a 35x12.50. They are substantially heavier than the usual z6. I much prefer these to chains and find them just as effective.

Fit check

View attachment 3176008

safety chains super z8 that fits up to a 35x12.50. They are substantially heavier than the usual z6. I much prefer these to chains and find them just as effective.

Will you ever wash it and get us some glamour shots?

Another early self gift, it even came in my fav color! (as you can see im a stickler for uniformity)
Use those sales boys!

Screen Shot 2022-11-23 at 1.08.21 PM.png
Screen Shot 2022-11-23 at 1.08.41 PM.png

Screen Shot 2022-11-23 at 1.08.30 PM.png

Specs are great, and is basically a group 31 footprint exactly. Supposed to be somewhat sealed, and im beginning to love the ironman brand so i trust it.
I guess i have to order that stupid no discount slee 2nd tray just to secure it. Should drop in perfectly. I want a proper permanent low gauge cabling for it eventually.
Side bonus is balances weight up front a bit with that huge battery and nothing on the other empty spot.
Its very nice feeling and hefty.

Last edited:
Fit check

View attachment 3176008

Other than snow wheeling, what normal conditions are you guys seeing that aggressive snowflake rated ATs and full time 4WD aren't doing the job? Perhaps that log cabin at the top of unplowed side roads?

I had some cheapy strap ons just to say at checkpoints that I have chains but I don't intend to have to use them, partially because of clearance concerns. Guess I could air up my rear airbags to makes sure it never compresses enough to get into the fenders if I really had to.

Other than snow wheeling, what normal conditions are you guys seeing that aggressive snowflake rated ATs and full time 4WD aren't doing the job? Perhaps that log cabin at the top of unplowed side roads?

I had some cheapy strap ons just to say at checkpoints that I have chains but I don't intend to have to use them, partially because of clearance concerns. Guess I could air up my rear airbags to makes sure it never compresses enough to get into the fenders if I really had to.

Cascade concrete is the norm here.

99% of time my falkens + 12psi are fine and I run out of ground clearance before I run out of traction. However there are times where one of the layers in the snow are ice, and everything here is either uphill or downhill and It just becomes sketchy.

Last year I took the kids up to play up on butte and it going up was super easy. However going down the tracks we broke going up froze over and I had zero control on the grade down. I'm talking throw the truck in reverse and stomp it to keep from going over a shelf. It was a long train of traction boards to get down because I didn't have chains.

The picture doesn't do it justice lol.

IMG_3753.JPG

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom