Events/Trails Christmas Tree Run - 11/26 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Bryanseye

Inaffective Grammer Nazi
SILVER Star
Threads
Between pit of man's fears and summit of knowledge
Website
www.upstatecruisers.com
Guess we should start a thread. By Saturday the turkey is gone, you survived Friday's hunt for your son's perfect doll, and guests have said their farewells. You aren't one of those malicious commercialized zealots with a tall Chairman Mao lighted bush and were also able to resist the urge to snag a Christmas tree as soon as the stores started pumping Mariah Carey through the overhead speakers. Good job! Now it's time to get a real tree.

We will meet at the Blue Ridge Parkway Visitor's Center for an 11am departure to Red Barn Tree Farm / Linville Falls Winery. At the visitor's center we will confirm the BRP is open (there are intermittent closures) with a primary route of the parkway (no gas until Linville, so have that done already). If not, it will a normal highway route.

Ok, so maybe you don't need a tree. Hanging out with some Land Cruisers can still make for a great day. You are welcome too (there's wine)!

1669056100341.png

Last edited:
why are you like this 😂

No need to wait until Friday to find your son's doll.

The Hartsville crowd will there in force. We are planning on camping the night before to help breakup the drive and test out my new diesel heater. I will post our plans here in case anyone wants to join us.
What’s the deal Hartsville crowd? Still camping?

Beautiful day in the hills today. Waaaay more crowded than last year but still fine once started.

@BMThiker showed me RTJ hooks this year and I added a set to the gear. Drove out towards Wiseman's View afterwards and came upon a Kia Sportage that had come up Old 105. There was a pretty nasty section that they couldn't get up. Of course they had nothing but plastic on the front but the hooks allowed me to attach the snatch strap and drag them to the top.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom