For Sale FJ55 Cargo Area Vent Covers (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I can take a pic of mine in a bit. IIRC they're a silver wood-screw type screw, with a bit of a domed head. Kind of like the screws that hold the tailgate panel. Might have been more of a button head.

Never mind. I can't find them. Thought I had some in the glove box, but they must have gotten misplaced. I'll keep looking if no one else chimes in.

Couple pics on this site, if it helps... Cargo Area Vent – Landcruiser FJ55 (Pair) - https://3domengineering.com.au/product/299/
I'm talking about the ones on the outside that surround the side marker light. I'll just try a few different screws. They appear to be about the same size as the screws that hold the side marker lights on.

Let me know when you have 1 set for sale ?
I can wait , Thanks for making these

I did indeed order another batch of these, so if anyone is lacking and interested in a set or more please let me know. Thanks everyone.

Calvin

Thanks guys. I learned a long time ago that R&D means Rip Off & Duplicate (vs. Research and Design)! Hooray for modern technology and the ability to wield calipers. Glad to help this community wherever I can.

So I'm interested in two sets if you still have them available. I wanted to see if you could check the measurements? I think they are the same as the outside vents on my 68 Hilux. It looks like just under 100 mm long

20221106_074032.jpg

20221106_074259.jpg

Just to follow up, I'll definitely need a set for one of the 55s. Super glue is not going to last forever....
But there's quite an rn10 to rn14 following on Facebook and if they are the same, I imagine you'll have a whole new set of folks interested.
The Hilux was something crazy like a 6-month development off of the Stout platform iirc. So it wouldn't surprise me at all to find crossover pieces like this.

received_1030395021190276.jpeg

So I'm interested in two sets if you still have them available. I wanted to see if you could check the measurements? I think they are the same as the outside vents on my 68 Hilux. It looks like just under 100 mm long

Hey @lc_nut . The distance I settled on in re-creating these was 83mm center-to-center on the holes (which seems weird, but it matches up mighty fine and has been verified by many). Check it out:

1667950061419.png

And yep, outer dimensions measure about 100mm:

1667950200077.png

If this works for you, and/or if you want some for your 55, shoot me a PM. Thanks!

Calvin

Hey @lc_nut . The distance I settled on in re-creating these was 83mm center-to-center on the holes (which seems weird, but it matches up mighty fine and has been verified by many). Check it out:

View attachment 3162990

And yep, outer dimensions measure about 100mm:

View attachment 3162991

If this works for you, and/or if you want some for your 55, shoot me a PM. Thanks!

Calvin
Yeah. Looks exact...I thought so.
Solid 83 hole to hole and 50 wide.

20221108_175850.jpg

20221108_175746.jpg

It's pretty cool that there's so much commonality in the Toyota stuff. The turn signals are definitely 55.
My front Toyota badge is destroyed, and I have to find something for that. Looks similar to the Stout but not exact.
Somewhat strange; I have a 72 Suzuki mini truck that I'm building and I'm pretty sure that the tail lights are the small fj40 tail lights...haha!

Last edited:
I have to go check my 69 55 grills now. I think the marker lights on the grill might be the same as the Japanese spec turn signals on the Hilux... just upside down

So...53mm-ish tall, and 130mm-ish wide

20221108_231634.jpg

20221108_231757.jpg

I'll look next week unless someone else can verify the size

Last edited:
359cc 2cyl reed valve 2stroke...lol
Some super weirdness there. One giant generator/starter/fan combo on the front.

Thread 'Steering help...'

Man Calvin I'm not trying to derail your thread at all. I super appreciate everything you're doing for the community and it's just really awesome ....much appreciated!

Last edited:
Man Calvin I'm not trying to derail your thread at all. I super appreciate everything you're doing for the community and it's just really awesome ....much appreciated!
Hah! Not worried in the slightest. I saw your PM - will respond there.

They arrived at the house Calvin! I should be there in a couple of days to check them out..thanks so much for everything!!

Hope you're pleased when you see them. And sorry for the delay in shipping them out - the joys of a small mountain town and limited USPS hours :/

Let me know your thoughts!

Calvin

What's the purpose of the vent ? I know it sounds stupid, but yesi know a vent is for airflow, but is that meant to be an outlet into the fenderwell to be sucked out the side lights?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom