Builds Dissent offroad 2005 gx470 build. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Yeah, it was definitely wrong. But I flipped it and still don't see how to get it right. I'll have to contact Ben tomorrow.

Basically when you undo the hose, that screw will go into the top open hole holding the hose in your picture of it backwards and there is a carriage bolt in the frame that will use up the other visible hole. The other three of course go where you have them. But yeah man the builder will set you straighter than I can...

Here's a pic of mine installed. It sandwiches the recovery points with the frame attachment.

Driver side.
IMG_20200309_200651.jpg

Passenger side
IMG_20200309_200717.jpg

In fact I was about to post about the almost photo-less exchange. It was fitting, @DRANGED helped install the bumper in Loveland, CO and he helped uninstall it in Moab, UT. Thanks again for the help!
After three years and 30k miles, and buying a sequoia also, I decided to sell my ‘04 GX and focus on the ‘07. So i took my bumpers and tires off the ‘04 and put the front on for now and am working on the rear. Time was a huge factor and I was traveling, now stationary.
here’s the gx trying to look like a Subaru because I wasn’t going to cut another bumper. I’m going to color match in time. Funny to note, the metal actual bumper fromView attachment 2234392View attachment 2234395 the ‘07 would not fit/line up with the ‘04 which I found strange but buyer is putting bumpers on anyway.
Haha, yup. 😆
MVIMG_20200306_093051.jpg
IMG_20200306_090824.jpg

I noticed, looking back at some pics on an earlier page - what is this? I laid out my parts last night and don't see this.

460243168-01.jpeg

Edit - I think I see that on top of the bumper in the pics above.

I noticed, looking back at some pics on an earlier page - what is this? I laid out my parts last night and don't see this.

Edit - I think I see that on top of the bumper in the pics above.

Yes, that goes on top of the bumper where the side piece, recovery piece, and main piece go together.

I installed my bumper early this year, but never wired up the bullet lights or the cubes. Is it safe to assume they don't require anything special? I saw the link for the switch mod, but I don't plan to do that. Can I just tie directly to the existing turn signal wiring and fog light wiring? I've seen talk elsewhere about LEDs requiring relays, but it seems like that's for larger lights (like headlights).

I installed my bumper early this year, but never wired up the bullet lights or the cubes. Is it safe to assume they don't require anything special? I saw the link for the switch mod, but I don't plan to do that. Can I just tie directly to the existing turn signal wiring and fog light wiring? I've seen talk elsewhere about LEDs requiring relays, but it seems like that's for larger lights (like headlights).
I didn’t get the bullet lights but the cubes I just used the original fog light wiring. They aren’t crazy bright. If I remember right, I cut the harnesses off the OEM fog lights and used them.

Square light to fog circuit. Highly recommend the switch mod to run them when you want. Bullet lights I ran to running lights. When headlights are on.....so are the bullets.

Related... I have a Hefty Fabworks GX Front bumper for sale.

Last edited:
Related... I have a Hefty Fabworks GX Front bumper for sale.

If I didn't have to cut most of it away to fit the RCLT and 37s I would jump on that haha

Very interested in this! Love it! Here's the new Amada Ensis 4020 AJ, also have the Bystronic 4020 and a old faithfull Trumpf dirty 30.

20221123_024303.jpg

20221123_024254.jpg

20221123_024526.jpg

20221123_024629.jpg

I really struggled with the install on the rear today. It just didn't seem like the shocks lined up correctly. I had to connect the bottoms and pull the tower bolt through in order to put them on. I did notice that I have 2 supports? Connected at the top of the rear Diffrential setup as well as 2 lower supports? Trailing arms I believe. I purchased a 2.5" lift front 2" back. In the kit with a panhard bar also came 2 trailing arms and sway bar extensions. I am assuming the trailing arms are for the Bottom not the top? While I was in there I took a wire wheel to all areas and hit it up with some higher temp primer then a coat of good black paint. The bottom of the shock was just plain and simple a different angle once seated in the tower. I had to pull back the shock good 1-2 inches to get it up through the tower. I'm hoping that once I install the trailing arms tomorrow it will somehow line it up better? Though in my head I don't see how. I also noticed with the kit the dimpled punched out rubber dished caps didn't seat in the holes on top that isolate the shock from the tower. The bottom fit but the top dimpled hole was bigger than the hole in the tower. John at IronMan said to just install it rubber on top of tower with a cupped washer facing down and then the bolt. Any input is appreciated.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom