What have you done to your 100 Series this week? (20 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Decided to change radio's position, replace CB antenna, install a second one (UHF) and a duplexer.
Of course that I eventually half disassembled the rig and fixed other things too as they've popped along the process....

Enough for today, it's getting cold.

View attachment 3166725

View attachment 3166726

View attachment 3166727

Now that the radio has been re-positioned under the passenger's seat I had the extra space to fit some switches on the main console. Don't know if I'll go for another version, this is a bit too flexible on the middle, for the moment is good enough.

Drawing.jpg

20221119_142606.jpg

20221119_142530.jpg

20221119_142520.jpg

Now that the radio has been re-positioned under the passenger's seat I had the extra space to fit some switches on the main console. Don't know if I'll go for another version, this is a bit too flexible on the middle, for the moment is good enough.

View attachment 3172366

View attachment 3172367

View attachment 3172368

View attachment 3172369
Very Nice!

Perhaps consider a double din to single din adapter to lend it more strength? Amazon product ASIN B0072LAQ18
May be even use half the space for a handy storage:Amazon product ASIN B09LTV33SB
And how handy would it be to incorporate a wireless charging pad in the extra storage! https://www.amazon.com/Wireless-Charger-Charging-Android-Samsung/dp/B0B2PWGNK4

Very Nice!

Perhaps consider a double din to single din adapter to lend it more strength? Amazon product ASIN B0072LAQ18
May be even use half the space for a handy storage:Amazon product ASIN B09LTV33SB
And how handy would it be to incorporate a wireless charging pad in the extra storage! https://www.amazon.com/Wireless-Charger-Charging-Android-Samsung/dp/B0B2PWGNK4
Thanks for the tips.
I'm not that concerned with the strength, I'm sure it will keep up with the relative abuse.
Yet, I'll stick to my plan as the upper space is holding the "media" (wanted to say cassette player...:) ) and the lower is just perfect to fitting 7 ARB...ish switches.
However, as usual, version 2 is being cooked now. Those straight corners are scratching my retina....

Mine too...and I'm thinking about some Sliders like you have on yours.. Really like the look. Most Sliders are on lifted rigs...don't really want to lift mine, but I need something since I took the OEM sidesteps off.

Definitely install rock sliders on your stock height 100 Series!

I have a set of the bolt-on OPOR sliders from MetalTech on my '99 UZJ100 which is running Bilstein shocks with OE torsion bars and coils. The sliders help protect the body when 4 wheeling in the Southwest.

IMG_4042.jpeg

Thanks for the tips.
I'm not that concerned with the strength, I'm sure it will keep up with the relative abuse.
Yet, I'll stick to my plan as the upper space is holding the "media" (wanted to say cassette player...:) ) and the lower is just perfect to fitting 7 ARB...ish switches.
However, as usual, version 2 is being cooked now. Those straight corners are scratching my retina....
Of course there was a version 2...
20221120_131223.jpg

Spent few hours foaming and brushing the carpet and detailing the trim pieces as well as closing the leather and conditioning them. It’s hard to tell from the photos but there is a difference. What was really gross was cleaning the fold down arm rest and seeing the grim come off. Chemical brothers interior cleaner and protectant is a great fit this kind of stuff.

Also noticed there’sa hole that you can see down to the road that’s usually covered by a sticker, a sticker?!? Well ihad some 3M film and covered the hole with just in case. Overall I’m happy with how it turned out.

Also got delivery of LED lights i plan on installing on my DIY Prinsu style racks let’s see how those turn out…stay tuned

E45AA342-6AD7-4460-B70D-C793707B1694.jpeg

9152E2CF-554F-4C21-882D-3DB540E6B306.jpeg

30A428F8-E344-4FF8-AAC0-31D90CDC7C35.jpeg

Remove the positive pole from the battery and store for the winter. We'll see him again in mid March. 🥹

This is awesome! Thank you for the tips. Because when in doubt add more sound dampening. Then add some more. It's not a race car so weight isn't a concern. I have some experience with building SQ systems professionally back when I was a younger idiot and before I lost my hearing (might have something to do with not being able to hear good, haha). I have used audio control products mostly the LC6 or LC2 units but since I am dumping the OEM radio line input or a DSP isn't needed for my application. Thank you sincerely for the ideas.

For my current setup, I am actually installing a 6.5" Bazooka Dual 2-ohm replacement woofer in the OEM location with a quick disconnect that will also run to my 10" JL Audio real woofer in a slim but ported enclosure that will be industrially velcroed to the floor for easy removal behind the third row. Since the JL is so efficient I can run the minimal power and get some decent bass out of it. I want to actually remove the rear climate system and flush in a JL 13TW5 but that will come later on when I do a drawer system. For now, once the interior and sunroof pieces show up I will begin the wonderful task of trying to insert 6 or so boxes of NVX 90 mil deadener with some mass-loaded vinyl blankets. I have some Focal Flax FTX series I believe 6.5" components for the front doors and some cheapo JBL pro series coaxes for the rears. Everything will run off an Alpine INE-w650 head and (2) of JL audio's MX series baby-sized amps that will get shoved into the dash when I install the salvage yard replacement dash. I run this same setup in my Sequoia and it will frequently get near the 115 dB mark and set off my watch warning for loud noises. It is loud but crystal clear. Due to the nature of my hearing loss, I need real physical sound and not the type coming to the ear drum in order to actually enjoy music. I like those amps because I do not have to give up any space or worry about heat, and can get more than adequate power (500 RMS mono for the sub and 500/4 for the speakers). Plus they have the added benefit of being water resistant so should my little electrical dumpster fire get wet from let's say a leaking windshield. I need not worry.
If I am missing anything please let me know cause I really would like to do this job once instead of several times like the other issues this ridiculousness has been.
i missed this stereo discussion by a few weeks, but my build thread may have some pics that may help…. Still working through it on my end to get it where it needs to be for just some solid sound.

Also noticed there’s a hole that you can see down to the road that’s usually covered by a sticker, a sticker?!? Well ihad some 3M film and covered the hole with just in case.

When I had my carpet out I put rubber plugs in all of those holes.

Got a lot done this week. New Walker muffler installed, new OEM shocks all the way around, replaced the cabin air filters and the gasket at the bottom of the of the plastic cover. There actually wasnt even an existing one in its place, makes sense why it was dripping on the floor board.

Got a diff drop kit coming in tomorrow and plans to crank the TB‘s a bit more.

DFCE97B3-2C4C-4E9A-BC4A-CF4197FEDDF2.jpeg
F8B34FF8-AB7C-42EB-A895-6F643968E9C9.jpeg
8FAA8A7F-D802-41D7-918B-F2E443B043D4.jpeg
8DC86C44-88B8-4E5C-A698-67A1CF1F5518.jpeg

Got a lot done this week. New Walker muffler installed, new OEM shocks all the way around, replaced the cabin air filters and the gasket at the bottom of the of the plastic cover. There actually wasnt even an existing one in its place, makes sense why it was dripping on the floor board.

Got a diff drop kit coming in tomorrow and plans to crank the TB‘s a bit more.

View attachment 3174002View attachment 3173996View attachment 3173997View attachment 3174003
Did you drill the hole to get to the top shock nut??

Steady at 77 mph!

20221120_180623.jpg

Why not just a trickle charger?

... because I can't. ;) 2 of my Landcruiser are store away from my home and this option is simply not possible.

Did some snow wheeling and camping this weekend with the Seattle Cruiserheads (Andy, Todd, Rob, and Mike). Tried to make it up to Gallagher Head lake, but the last 1/4 section of trail to get there was completely covered in snow. It was getting pretty late, so we decided to set up camp a little down the trail. Some guy with a Jeep came up behind us as we were getting turned around, he wanted to see if he could make it on his own where we stopped. Don't know if he and his lady friend made it or not?

Overall it was a great day with beautiful weather. Dipped into the low double-digit temps overnight, but with plenty of firewood and appropriate clothing, i wasn't too bad.

Running open diffs with chains really taught me a lot about how well the 100-series handles snow and ice. A-Trac only kicked in a couple of times and proved how good the feature is. I still want to install lockers, but can't complain about how well it performed compared to everyone else who was stuck and triple-locked, I never got stuck, even when I had to blaze a trail to turn around.
IMG_8426.JPG
IMG_8427.JPG
IMG_8431.JPG
IMG_8416.JPG
IMG_8406.JPG
IMG_8413.JPG
IMG_8401.JPG

IMG_8410.JPG

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom