Suggestions Needed - Lower Ball Joint Stuck (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey everyone - I'm about at the end of obvious options. The old ball joint is stuck. Really stuck. Both sides. Hammer, pickle fork, heat, pb blaster... I even bent a 36" pry bar trying to separate this thing.

Cutting it out looks like my next option but, ugh, not a big fan of that route. I have a wheel hub socket arriving tomorrow, so I can fit my pitman puller on it after removing the rotor.

And suggestions would be appreciated.

PXL_20221120_182817969~2.jpg

ive always had good luck with this style of puller for ball joints

KDT2289_1200Wx1200H.jpg
This tool was super helpful on the uppers. Just need to get my socket to remove the rotors and I'll be able to see if this helps.

Big hammer swung right to left in your picture into the hub flange has always worked for me. May need to do it 6-10 times.

Big hammer swung right to left in your picture into the hub flange has always worked for me. May need to do it 6-10 times.
Heat + this worked. Just had to get more confident with an even bigger hammer.

Yeah, to use that puller tool, you'll have to remove the dust shield which means you have to remove the rotor etc.,

I've used a different puller (pictured) with flexible arms and it worked. You have to move the grease boot off to get a good bite of the puller arms on to the knuckle.

7503hd_0.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom