November 19th monthly club trail ride - China Wall (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

SAS

Seeking higher vistas
Threads
the trail ride for November is scheduled on Saturday, the 19th. The destination is China Wall. This will be a "day trip".

Plan to meet at the Alta Convenience store in Crystola between 8am and 830am. We'll do our best to depart at 830am.

Bring a lunch and snacks, drinking water, spare parts and recovery gear. Dress warm because it is forecast to be a cold weather day!

@SAS I'm planning on going, and as always, won't be meeting ya'll near woodland park. Got any idea what time you'll be near Tarryall or a good spot for me to meet you guys?

I suspect 1.5 hours to the trailhead (south trailhead off Hwy 77, Forest Road 212).

We’re in! See you all Saturday at 8:00 in crystola!

Reactions: SAS
I suspect 1.5 hours to the trailhead (south trailhead off Hwy 77, Forest Road 212).

We’re in! See you all Saturday at 8:00 in crystola!

I'll plan to meet ya'll at the trailhead around 10 am, ish. If my plans change I'll let you know, but my 5 year old really wants to get out and do some wheeling, so we should be locked in.

This is the approximate start of the trail, right?

39.098250, -105.458718​

Yes.

Is this still a go? I know that China wall is a seasonal trail?

Is this still a go? I know that China wall is a seasonal trail?

I'm not sure if weather closes it but I believe it closes regardless on January 1. I've never driven it so no idea how bad the snow could be up there.

I'm not sure if weather closes it but I believe it closes regardless on January 1. I've never driven it so no idea how bad the snow could be up there.
I’ve ridden multiple times on SxS and mx. We’re game!! Should be fun…cold…but fun!

I'm not sure if weather closes it but I believe it closes regardless on January 1.

Correct, it does have a seasonal closure, starting January 1st through June 15th. We've done it in 3-4 inches of snow (2017 or 2018) with no problem. The north entrance is more difficult (steeper, more rocky) so we'll go in from the (easier) south entrance.

i guess that I should go on this one.

We just got to the Alta and they’ve got the parking lot mostly closed off as it looks like they’re replacing the concrete around the pumps!

I'm leaving Arvada now. I'll be listening on gmrs 21. Should be at trail head around 1010

80’s were well represented today!
791EA499-C760-4F1E-87CC-8D05A6FB64B5.jpeg
0E62D8AB-C5DF-4390-9B53-9806CE3938DA.jpeg

Videos my kid @carterthecoolio and I shot yesterday. I know more of you have video.

I was hoping to see my tricycle impression everyone got excited about!

Here's a few I shot on the last obstacle

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom