Painting an 85 Copper 60 (with headliner install video) (3 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

The most laborious part of the T-case rebuild. Wish I had a vapor-hone machine vs the parts washer. Anyhow…several hours in the parts washer and it’s ready to be built back onto the trans. Hope to knock that out tomorrow. View attachment 3173233
Did you give that t-case its final wash in your dishwasher? 😆
This build/refresh is looking beautiful Jimmy

Did you give that t-case its final wash in your dishwasher? 😆
This build/refresh is looking beautiful Jimmy
Ha. Not this time Alex. The thought crossed my mind though

Forgot to share the trade out for the 61 I want to move. It’s a really beautiful 61 that the original owner had ManaFre do a 12HT conversion on in 2010. The job was well done. Unfortunately for the owner the motor took a dump 100k later and the Blackdog company in Dallas completely screwed him over. For the price of a really nice 60 they rebuilt the 12HT and 4 months later it took another dump. They would not help him at all. Super good guy and he’s just had some really bad luck over the last few years. 15 seconds after seeing it in person it’s one of the nicest 60 series trucks I’ve been around. And the fact Danny bought the truck new in 89 put $404k on it, added all the right bolt ons (all Trail Tailer hardware, Dobinson suspension, ARB rear locker, and custom front seats from ICON. Oh, and a really nice repaint on a truck that spent most all of its life in CA. The Add and pics were vague so I felt I was taking a leap of faith. After talking to Danny on the phone for an hour I felt better. So “Danny Boy” now has a spot in the shop once I finish this current build. And for the record, I was in no way looking. Stopped that practice years ago. Tried like hell to get another good mud friend to buy it, but timing was not good for him.

7DDF76C7-28F6-4E1B-852D-F4544EA03626.jpeg

2327D472-D2E9-4102-ADD2-935CD7037F6E.jpeg

860B09A1-AB33-4C88-929E-E05324DA682F.jpeg

F9CB1B1C-BDD6-4B50-ABD0-977B80BF72A7.jpeg

86815072-678D-42E9-BEEE-ECCD8F28F1B8.png

2000703C-5ED5-42F0-B621-12567F16588E.jpeg

I should have bought that truck. Glad it worked out for you though.
Yes sir. I was hoping someone else would have. Then I was all forward gears once I talked to the owner.

Forgot to share the trade out for the 61 I want to move. It’s a really beautiful 61 that the original owner had ManaFre do a 12HT conversion on in 2010. The job was well done. Unfortunately for the owner the motor took a dump 100k later and the Blackdog company in Dallas completely screwed him over. For the price of a really nice 60 they rebuilt the 12HT and 4 months later it took another dump. They would not help him at all. Super good guy and he’s just had some really bad luck over the last few years. 15 seconds after seeing it in person it’s one of the nicest 60 series trucks I’ve been around. And the fact Danny bought the truck new in 89 put $404k on it, added all the right bolt ons (all Trail Tailer hardware, Dobinson suspension, ARB rear locker, and custom front seats from ICON. Oh, and a really nice repaint on a truck that spent most all of its life in CA. The Add and pics were vague so I felt I was taking a leap of faith. After talking to Danny on the phone for an hour I felt better. So “Danny Boy” now has a spot in the shop once I finish this current build. And for the record, I was in no way looking. Stopped that practice years ago. Tried like hell to get another good mud friend to buy it, but timing was not good for him.

That shop has screwed over plenty. I have two in my shop from one customer they did work on. Having to rework close to 60K in parts and labor. Motor, ECM/TCM/harness issues, paint and body, suspension, parts installed non-op and missing gaskets, plugs, bulbs, bolts, bend door/lock linkage/exhaust is rubbing on transmission and wont clear driveshaft, shackles and springs installed wrong.. is just the short list...

My favorite... their damn shop cats footprints under the clear coat on this 62. Takes a special kind of F'KIN embicile to run a company like this. You can't make this crap up... 1500 grit DA and still prints.

Won't help the customer, makes excuses and blames employees that don't work there anymore.

IMG_20221120_173822.jpg

Last edited:
That shop has screwed over plenty. I have two in my shop from one customer they did work on. Having to rework close to 60K in parts and labor. Motor, ECM/TCM/harness issues, paint and body, suspension, parts installed non-op and missing gaskets, plugs, bulbs, bolts, bend door/lock linkage/exhaust is rubbing on transmission and wont clear driveshaft, shackles and springs installed wrong.. is just the short list...

My favorite... their damn shop cats footprints under the clear coat on this 62. Takes a special kind of F'KIN embicile to run a company like this. You can't make this crap up... 1500 grit DA and still prints.

Won't help the customer, makes excuses and blames employees that don't work there anymore.

View attachment 3173933
That’s crazy J. Same thing with Danny when he went back…the mechanic that did his rebuild was no longer there and they said they could not help him as a result. Mind boggling.

Buttoned up the T-case. Only thing left is the output flanges. Will do them after I mount it back on the truck. Easier to torque than on the bench. Hope to install it tomorrow afternoon.

692C77A2-8D58-4FAD-8DE9-197C287159AF.jpeg

92060F61-40FC-49A9-A832-0516926403BA.jpeg

View attachment 3173520

View attachment 3173521

View attachment 3173522

View attachment 3173523

View attachment 3173524

View attachment 3173525
Get Off My Lawn.jpg

Who Parked on your Lawn Jimmy? :rofl:

Dam!!! Flywheel cleaned and torqued. Went to mount the clutch and something was not right. Then it dawned on me it’s missing the three dowel pins. How the heck does someone lose those???

24009999-008E-4265-9894-0C231F9B677D.jpeg

Dam!!! Flywheel cleaned and torqued. Went to mount the clutch and something was not right. Then it dawned on me it’s missing the three dowel pins. How the heck does someone lose those???

View attachment 3175128
Would that someone be in the barn? Asking for a friend.

Ha. Not in there. The P.O. had a new clutch put in so I’m assuming they turned the flywheel and did not put them back in.

She’s in. Pulled a flywheel off the shelf and my machinist around the corner plucked the dowels out for me. I’ll order some new ones but wanted to get moving. Left the other flywheel with him to resurface so I’ll have another one on the shelf ready to go

F61F1BF9-0AC3-4029-B16E-F8861655E00D.jpeg

43641559-A836-44DA-A261-9EBBBD6E05A6.jpeg

Love this trick I learned here on MUD. Cutting the heads off 2 longer bolts I’m able to stab the trans on the first attempt just about every time

4A309A18-86DC-409A-ACAA-0D09842F85CC.jpeg

EDECFABD-BB79-4DDE-B1A1-9A6DF6C814D1.jpeg

Knuckles. No surprises other than a soupy mess. Minimal grease left in there. Power washed the bulk stuff and soaking the hardware in coffee tins in the parts washer solution. Should have both sides back together manana. Lost half the day as I got hooked on the 1883 series. There’s a reason I don’t watch tv series cause I get totally sucked in :).

CB52C0FD-852A-4128-B1FA-0E287BE01779.jpeg

541BB6F0-3856-4C17-93B9-B89223DC5A87.jpeg

DD90DE2D-B71F-4DC2-8508-BC57804B8FB8.jpeg

You drink good coffee.

You drink good coffee.
Heck yeah. Man this is my favorite. I’m by no means a connoisseur. Found this at my local stor as I was tired of buying the coffee pods and spending “X” amount per serving.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom