Builds Canguro Racing's Monica (3 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Sorry, I have that. I was just curious if any of the team members were posting somewhere.
I’m trying to post when I can. Been posting a bunch of pics on my personal FB account @Adam Tolman so you can check there or my IG account that will also get the occasional post @boxrocket_adventures

We have the honor and pleasure of also supporting the JAOS racing team from Japan racing a brand new Lexus LX600. In addition to the CEO of JAOS (Dai-San) being here along with their driver Tomonori Noto, the head engineer of Land Cruiser development for the 70 series and 200 Series, Sadoyoshi Koyari is here with us and also Mamoru-San who owns about 30 Toyota dealerships in Japan and has supplied 4 master techs for the JAOS team. Been a great time for cruiser fan-boys like the Canguro team.
Now, tomorrow we race!

My ugly mug with Koyari-San and Mamoru-San
F3FD3823-DEF1-4DBF-9586-FC0B5350F796.jpeg

Koyari-San, Dave Connors, Dai-San (JOAS CEO), me, Ryan Nakaya
141A6692-A462-42AA-ADA8-30B1E6FEBC98.jpeg

Kurt Williams and Koyari-San
6249BE6B-C8B4-4CD0-BFBF-65210BA93112.jpeg

Monica, the Canguro Racing 200
2ECC5CDC-1FF2-4372-83C5-CD37F544D51D.jpeg

JAOS LX600
DEEAA72A-5AF2-44B1-A944-B93E62B88BF4.jpeg

Toyo’s for the LX, and BF’ s for the LC.

These two rigs look fantastic!! Those rock warriors still one of the best looking wheels out there still.

Ahhh, the suspense! I expected someone else posting something today. Looks like Jaos was backtracking and off course after just 78 miles, then maybe calling it quits and headed to a different pits? Canguro did just do a brief FB live post! Thanks for that little tidbit 🤙🏼 Keep haulin’

Ahhh, the suspense! I expected someone else posting something today. Looks like Jaos was backtracking and off course after just 78 miles, then maybe calling it quits and headed to a different pits? Canguro did just do a brief FB live post! Thanks for that little tidbit 🤙🏼 Keep haulin’

Yes. The LX seems to be having a hard time. Stopped early around 19 mile mark and never really got far after that. Will be curious to hear the back story.

Monica seems to be doing well. I've been watching her and the new ranger raptor (773). They were close until sundown. Large gap in ranger favor now.

Last edited:
Hoonigan photographer Larry Chen posted some pictures of the LX and Monica at the start of the race on Instagram:

Jaos LX600

Monica

Larry's an LC fan. He owns a supercharged FJ cruiser and an LX570.

Came across this description of the Jaos situation…
5336B7A9-6295-4D2E-AD0A-B811D05E1816.jpeg

And that Ranger Raptor of Lovell’s is Stock Midsize class, so technically not in their same class. Maybe it’s the closest competitor still in the race 🤷🏻‍♂️

Last edited:
Not the same class, but the Ranger Raptor had an impressive finish. The truck was completely intact and they had the A\C running while crossing the finish line. Of course, it's a right hand drive diesel configuration that will likely never be available in the US.

EDIT: It's a petrol engine running bio-fuel.

Looking forward to a strong finish from Monica!

Last edited:
Aww man. Feed cut off jut before they finished. This is the last image on tracker before feed cut off.

Congratulations team Monica!
86529B45-269D-4885-8292-D4922B58037D.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom