What Did You Do with Your 80 This Weekend? (51 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Where-about do you live in AZ? I grew up there...43rd Ave/Peoria neighborhood.
Chandler, I grew up in Tempe. Ha, with all the traffic it’s faster to drive to Payson for me than to Peoria.

Zona

Zona

I like it but maybe move it back a little so the mountains are on the 1/4 panel maybe?
Hmmm, looks like you’ve been watching videos of 4 Runner builds at SEMA. But hey, if you’re doing this you might as well add a dream catcher, a wolf baying at the moon and some stars. I say go for it!

Zona

Hmmm, looks like you’ve been watching videos of 4 Runner builds at SEMA. But hey, if you’re doing this you might as well add a dream catcher, a wolf baying at the moon and some stars. I say go for it!

Zona

I am not the one doing it, check the original post.

Okay all, thumbs up or down.
I pick these stickers up for cheap...
I want honest opinions.
Trash or keep?
They're not applied, put magnets on to hold it up. Imagine no white background.
Thoughts.
Oh, I plan installing that rear fender also.
View attachment 3169983
This is how I feel about it.....

Yeah baby rebuild is finally done excited to take her out this weekend!!! Oh wait..... DOH!

IMG_2160.JPG

Ok! For you and COYS - here you go!

They said the rust wasn't "too bad" and didn't need to add any filler or do anything special...it was "just enough" to apparently allow water to seep through. They said the new OEM gasket will prevent any leakage and gave a lifetime warranty on it, provided I keep the LC.

I asked him about the gasket and glass. He confirmed, again, that it wasn't OEM glass and the gasket was decidedly CHEAP (but wouldn't give me the brand name), and he was surprised it stopped any water at all. In looking at the new gasket being installed...it looks leaps and bounds better (It's OEM).

If you need to replace it, the OEM Part number (For US models) is: 56121-60100 and is currently $79 (plus shipping)

I'll probably write up a post about this tonight or tomorrow sometime.

(Pardon the PS seat mess)

View attachment 3168155

View attachment 3168156

View attachment 3168157
I haven’t seen anyone mention that OEM glass is no longer available.

Pilkington brand is likely your best option.

Noticed a little exhaust leak between cats when cold recently & had been meaning to replace the gaskets & hardware for a while. Original hardware was unrecognizable, looked like hundred year old fasteners I've found in mining ruins near saltwater. Cutoff wheel came out to play, and damn those gaskets were shot. A bit crusty outside, but cats themselves seem decent inside for their age, and I have no codes. Forward flange on this one isn't great, but seems like I can still get a seal.

A64C116E-EA11-4946-9BC1-3F021C244E75.jpeg

Last edited:
Noticed a little exhaust leak between cats when cold recently & had been meaning to replace the gaskets & hardware for a while. Original hardware was unrecognizable, looked like hundred year old fasteners I've found in mining ruins near saltwater. Cutoff wheel came out to play, and damn those gaskets were shot. A bit crusty outside, but cats themselves seem decent inside for their age, and I have no codes. Forward flange on this one isn't great, but seems like I can still get a seal.

View attachment 3171143

Seems successful so far.

Dual cat life

F959C08E-F008-40D5-828E-B1CF84C0A4AC.jpeg

Last edited:
Okay all, thumbs up or down.
I pick these stickers up for cheap...
I want honest opinions.
Trash or keep?
They're not applied, put magnets on to hold it up. Imagine no white background.
Thoughts.
Oh, I plan installing that rear fender also.
View attachment 3169983
It’s a no from me, at leaving that location. I think it could look ok applied on the lower body cladding though.

Not 80 specific but I’m down here in Baja with Canguro Racing (racing a 200 series) waiting to leave the start line tomorrow morning. We have the honor and pleasure of also supporting the JAOS racing team from Japan racing a brand new Lexus LX600. In addition to the CEO of JAOS being here along with their driver Tomonori Noto, the head engineer of Land Cruiser development, Sadoyoshi Koyari is here with us and also Mamoru-San who owns about 30 Toyota dealerships in Japan and has supplied 4 master techs for the JAOS team. Been a great time for cruiser fan-boys like the Canguro team.
Now, tomorrow we race!

My ugly mug with Koyari-San and Mamoru-San
FCAF8640-40B8-4634-9573-A84D0D9929D9.jpeg

Koyari-San, Dave Connors, Dai-San (JOAS CEO), me, Ryan Nakaya
466205AE-118C-40FB-8175-84AAB0E0ED58.jpeg

Monica, the Canguro Racing 200
C6570BF7-8FA5-42E6-8490-D000A9AD8D6A.jpeg

JAOS LX600
29C1746B-D7C5-4055-A4FD-1B773F1A5F0B.jpeg

Team photo of both teams tonight at our pre-race meeting.
A6B6F367-C20A-43CE-8E2C-3B6191A51003.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom