SOLD Ogden, UT: 1992 Toyota Pickup 4WD (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Year
Vehicle Model
  1. Minitruck
Mileage
Color
rgb(38, 19, 123)
Outside Link
https://cars.ksl.com/listing/8237508
Build Date: March 1992 (model year 1992)
Model: RN110L-CRMDEA
Engine: 22RE(C)
Color: Dark Blue Pearl (8E3)
Trans: W56C (5-speed)
Axle: G292 (8”, 2 Pinion, 4.10 originally, regeared to 4.88)
Miles: 275k miles on chassis
Fuel Tank: 17.5gal

MA7_1100.jpg

Selling my 1992 Toyota Pickup 4WD extended cab. I bought it in February 2019 in San Diego, CA where I use to work, and i’m probably the 3rd or 4th owner. Prior to my ownership it originally was a CA truck for the majority of it’s earlier life, then spent some time in Montana, proceeding to return back to CA where I purchased it there. Made in Japan, American market Hilux, this thing get’s work done (it just doesn’t drive super fast to do it).

22RE 4 cylinder gas engine. Not exactly sure how rare they really are, but they’re more uncommon than the 3.0 3VZE for these model years, and they tend to be more desirable. 9000 miles on the engine that was rebuilt in March 2021 with a 3 year warranty by MJM engines in Escondido, CA (rebuilt the engine 0.05mm overbore). Engine was rebuilt because cylinder 2 and 3 lost compression during my ownership.

Factory AC and Heat. Both work great.

Straight chassis with no repairs and almost no rust. I used this as my daily commuter and work truck, so the undercarriage shows use and dirt but is clean of rust. Every winter I spray fluid film on the undercarriage to maintain it that way.

Body wise - The truck has a dent on the left rear side of the bed where the bumper pushed into the body. It’s also got a decent amount of pin striping and clear coat fading (particularly on the hood and roof). I try and wax it and give it the “patina” look to protect the body from the elements while avoiding painting it to keep it as original as possible. There’s also a dent on front right of the hood. Overall, not the prettiest, but not the ugliest, and it certainly could look amazing with some elbow grease into it.

The interior is cleaner than most Toyota Pickup’s that have been used for work, but it’s not perfect. There are cracks on the dash under the dash pad, rips in the driver seat, the steering column plastic “rattles” and the driver side door sill is missing. But, all the button and switches work great, and everything is manual, plus it has the SR5 gauge cluster that has a tachometer.

Wheel wells and rockers are in good shape overall where these truck’s tend to begin rusting from. The bed has some surface rust since it was used as a work truck even before my ownership, and it does not have a bed liner, so over time some surface rust has developed. No penetrating rust that goes through the bed though. I bought some Monstaliner brand bed liner with the intention of grinding off the rust, sealing it, then bed lining it to prevent any further damage but I just never got around to it as a daily use vehicle.

Wheels are the x5 OEM 16” Tundra wheels wrapped in 235/85r16 tall and skinny winter rated commercial tires. I bought them in 2019 and they have plenty of life to go.

I document all maintenance in a notebook and have receipts from my ownership as well as the previous owner’s.

Some modifications done to the truck:
-Rear leaf springs were swapped out for OME Medium duty leaf springs and shocks, the original ones were tired, and I often had 2-300lb of tools and gear in the back.
-Differentials were regeared from 4.10 to 4.88 with a limited slip differential in the rear. The engine is not a power monster, and it helps a lot in hilly terrain and give you the option for bigger tires if desired. It is slightly over-geared, so highway top-speed will suffer a bit since I avoid revving above 3000rpm’s. I believe I have the spare differentials still.
-Rear view camera/Apple car play, new amplifier and speakers all installed in 2021.
-LCE Engineering exhaust manifold, intake etc were installed.
-Seats are from a 4Runner since the original bench seat it came with was wrecked and uncomfortable, which is why there’s no center console
-Rear axle LSPV (Load Sensing Proportioning Valve) has 2” Rising Bracket to compensate for “lift” caused by heavier rear springs to allow for more braking power to go to rear wheel.
-Hauler Rack Brand aluminum bed rack is installed on the truck.
-Added a Tacoma rubber bed mat in the bed to prevent things from sliding, getting scratched, and clanking around in the steel bed.

Some Maintenance history (besides a fresh engine):

-I just replaced the rear axle bearings, bearing holders, and seals because the rear left axle started leaking axle fluid.
-Oil changes every 5000mi
-Transmission, Transfer Case, Differentials, all have new Redline fluid in them as of this year.
-New radiator and hoses.
-New front and rear brake rotors/drums/pads in 2019.

Some other misc. cons:

-Front right marker light is cracked, still works, but needs a new housing (ebay-able)
-Does not have front skid plate
-Has an electrical ground issue that causes speedometer to drop to zero and return back to current speed when using blinkers.
-Heater Valve is leaking coolant, I ordered a new OEM one from 22RE Performance and it’ll get fixed before the sale.
-Fuel Door Key is kind of finicky.
-NO ABS or airbags, it came like this from the factory, so just be careful smashing brakes and what not. This truck is not primarily designed to protect occupants in the event of an accident.
-The “E-brake” light subtly glows a bit, caused by the “low brake fluid” sensor in the reservoir going bad.
-No front bumper valence.
-Trip meter does not work. Odometer works fine though.

Overall, this truck has been great. It’s got a crazy amount of payload for how small it is, it’s super simple and easy to work on, and it gets decent fuel mileage while doing all of it.

I’m happy to answer any questions.

It has a clean Utah title (vintage plates because it’s 30 years old). It is located in Ogden, UT.

Asking $9,500

MA7_1098.jpg

MA7_1102.jpg

MA7_1114.jpg

MA7_1106.jpg

Last edited:
I shamelessly copied a template from another user on here selling a LC that was thoughtful, and modified it as I saw fit.
The vehicle has been sold for pretty much the asking price. Buyer's picking it up next week, and taking it down to Guatemala (as most of these trucks do). Thank you to everybody who viewed the listing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom