HEI dizzy install issue! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

did you loosen the bolts on the outside of the block that retain the oil pump mounting boss inside the block at any point in time? Also, when bump seating the diz, I have heard it can take some downward force. if all things line up, and you did not loosen the pump mounting boss ever, then realign oil pump and dizzy tip at just before #1 terminal and try again. the oil pump slot must be clocked the same as the diz tip is BEFORE it meshes with the cam gear teeth.

SUCCESS!!!! The suggestion to take the o ring off and try it was spot on! Took the o ring off and the damn thing slid right in. Put it back on and tried and it hung up. Once I knew what it was I have it the seat a few love taps with a rubber mallet and long piece of wood and down it went!!

Got Babe timed running 650 rpms at 14* advanced and ran like a champ!!

Pulled her out for a test drive and to top of the tank and out poured gas from the pick up unit. That's another story/question for another day though. Was able to get the gal home from my shop and things overall seem to be doing ok. I have a slew of things that need tweaked (gas leak included) but it feels good to finally drive her!

Thanks for all the help folks!!!

Hey Trout, had the same issue, without the o ring and finally lined up the oil pump slot, plus I realized I was 180 degrees off..........only issue now is the that the water line back to the rear seat heat that runs along the rod cover is in the way of the dizzy cap, thing is so damn big, will have to modify brackets on tube!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom