What have you done to your Land Cruiser this week? (57 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Nice ! Lol
I was a big BOC fan … saw buck darmah in concert solo once in the late 80’s … think that’s when I lost some hearing

It was a blast however :)

With a purposeful grimace and a terrible sound
he pulls the spitting high tension wires down.

Helpless people on subway trains
scream bugeyed as he looks in on them.

He picks up a bus and he throws it back down
as he wades through the buildings through the center of town.

Oh no, they say he’s got to go,
Go,go Godzilla….🦎 😎

, the braking issue where after the FJ40 has been sitting an hour or two the brakes pull violently to the left and lock up on first application and are quite mushy until lockup, this continues for about ten times as the pedal comes up, and then they operate well,
Welcome to Mud. Let's get started on those brakes. Can you remove the drums just by pulling the wheel, and the small screw that, holds the drum on? Are the drums wet?

As far as electrical goes. I just leaned why the fusible link is on the battery + (for reasons of slight increase in resistance) and why to probe for a "voltage drop" between the battery negative and ground of the component in question.

Last edited:
I was station at Hatteras Inlet back in 84-87. Ocracoke is pretty much the same as it was back then. When I was in Hatteras, there was not much there nor in Buxton. No franchise business types back then. Local Mom and Pop type stores . Only Hospital was in Elizabeth City. Times have changed a little since then. Family has a couple places up in Kitty Hawk and Kill Devil Hills.
Ocrakoke is the loan hold out! I hope it never changes and with the Park Service owning the northern section it shouldn't.
If you are in Kill Devil Hills or close by hit up Two Roads Tavern. Small place but very good food. 5.5 milepost. Sea Village Shops.
Bunch of other good places there in that area also.
Ocracoke is the hold out because of the ferry. Its the only island on the outer banks you have to either arrive by boat or a small airplane (like a cessna). Most people choose to take the car ferry. We do have a passenger only ferry as well. The park service actually has been a little bit trouble some. We have been having issues with trying repair our north end ferry docks and they are not allowing the repairs. so there is talk on moving the ferry docks further south. This would be fine exept for the fact that it makes the 1 hour ferry ride more like 2 hours. It could possibly really hurt the local economy that is heavily dependent on day trippers.

Oops I went off on a tangent haha sorry this is a land cruiser forum! bring your land cruiser on the ferry and get some epic beach shots!

The outer banks are awesome. Lived here on ocracoke for 25 years!

Rear output shaft for the PTO.

These are the three different PTOs mid 1963 on used for the front winch and have a rear output for other options never offered in the US
IMG_20191229_172509044.jpg

Drove it to work this week, this morning is was around -13° when I fired it up. After a little feathering of the gas pedal and the choke knob to get it to idle at 1000 rpm, it smoothed out and ran like a champ.

Still cold as hell driving to work in the morning.

Last edited:
Rgr- Good copy on the mistranslation -13*. That will defiantly turn the “Dino” to molasses.

He said minus.
He looks Montana.
You were able to crank it after being in the garage overnight, or outside?

Operational pause…

Hunting buddy #1 is/was homeless. Spent the last few days getting his new place up and ready for a semi move in. Finished up wood floor, carpet, bathrooms, trim etc etc for appliance delivery Thursday.He spent the night in the new place last PM without any serious incidents.

It’s been freezing rain, ice, snow in that order the past few days so, I wasn’t overly thrilled taking the now topless mule on a “Montana-esque“ trip through the middle of the above mentioned winter precipitation. I know, I’m getting soft in my old age 😉.

1st day of rifle season is Monday. So looking at 1st of Dec-ish. Still taking the garage/lift owner on a hunt just to hedge my bets. 🙄

Did the Mule go under the knife?

These are the three different PTOs mid 1963 on used for the front winch and have a rear output for other options never offered in the US
View attachment 3170726

Before some else does I should correct myself. 10/82 the lever to engage the the PTO moved to the front. This was because of the H55F option that moved the transfer case close to the torque tube. The output shaft no longer supported the rear output which would assume had to do with clearance to the torque. This is the lower one in the picture was pulled from a wrecked 84 HJ47RV with a four speed. 11/84 when the 70 series started the PTO changed to a single direction. 60 series changed at that time but remaining 40 series built after that date still used had the two direction. I was in the process of converting a single direction to a two direction when Trade for a early one piece transfer case PTO and drive shaft for one from a 8/80-9/82 PTO and 40 series driveshaft.

He said minus.
He looks Montana.
You were able to crank it after being in the garage overnight, or outside?
Yeah, left it outside all night, it cranked over just fine. Just sputtered a few times while I was trying to get the choke where I wanted it. The choke cable was super stiff with the colder temperature.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom