FJ40 Mark/Downey Header (9 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Sounds like things are inching forward...
Don’t tease, TJ.

First two samples are being shipped to us.

A051178C-1206-4902-9FC6-75037C34DE5E.jpeg

If you look closely at the photo you'll see lines on the straight sections of tubing. They cut the tubes to shorten them and re-welded the butt ends back together. The tubes will be continuous in production variants.

The clamps and pivoting flanges with an 02 sensor bung on each one are not in the photo, but are being sent as well.

Last edited:
One of the exciting parts of this was the DOT certification, meaning all of us CA folks can avoid throwing smog parts back in - that still the plan?

Righteous!

This is a great project, glad to see it moving forward. If you need eyes on a part in Ohio, give me a call.
The vintage Mark's header on my shop truck has finally developed a leak inside one of the 3-->1 collectors, pretty much impossible to see or weld repair. I can't believe I hafta replace it after only 17 years of abuse. 🙄
Add me to the list of buyers for a new header, please & thank you!

This is a great project, glad to see it moving forward. If you need eyes on a part in Ohio, give me a call.
The vintage Mark's header on my shop truck has finally developed a leak inside one of the 3-->1 collectors, pretty much impossible to see or weld repair. I can't believe I hafta replace it after only 17 years of abuse. 🙄
Add me to the list of buyers for a new header, please & thank you!
Sounds good @FJ40Jim , we will add you to the list!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom