What Did You Do with Your 80 This Weekend? (51 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

@leonard_nemoy I noticed when I put the dash and everything back together that some of my gauges are not working. I rechecked all the electronic cables and everything is plugged in tight and you can't plug into the wrong place b/c the ends are specific. Speedometer cable works but now other things are not. Kinda like "wack-a-mole" feeling. Any thoughts or advice or any past posts you've seen. Appreciate the help!

Check your grounds and fuses. If that doesn't solve it you wioo need to fund a wiring diagram and try to figure it out with the wiring diagram.

Goodluck

Check your grounds and fuses. If that doesn't solve it you wioo need to fund a wiring diagram and try to figure it out with the wiring diagram.

Goodluck
Thanks! I was thinking start with the fuses. Honestly no idea how to check grounds. God help me if I got to get into a wiring diagram. I'm no electrician. If you know of any DIY How To Sites for people that know very little or enough to be dangerous please share.

Stock from the center of the wheel hub straight up to the bottom of the fender arch is 20" or 20.5" depending on who you ask. So you've got a 3.5" or 4" lift assuming you lined your tape up well enough.
those stock measurements are from center of hub to bottom of fender flare. if you've removed your flares your mileage may vary. never seen the measurement to a stock vehicle without flares but it probably exists.

i'm at ~23" running supposed 2.5" lift springs, FWIW

Repainted factory black, new trim, grill, headlights, taillights, turn signal lights, bumper lights, emblems, stickers, window seals, belt molding, whole new wiring harness, ditched the Yokohamas for some K02s, and ditched the jerry cans for a yeti cooler.

And now she’s ready to be the winter beater :bounce:

View attachment 3169145

View attachment 3169146

View attachment 3169147

View attachment 3169148

man! if @LC4LIFE would sell those bumpers, even if its DIY form, I bet 4x4 labs would have some serious competition.

Do you have more details on thr oil pressure gauge installation? I want to add one as well.
No, but I can take some pics and add it to my build thread in the next few days

Okay all, thumbs up or down.
I pick these stickers up for cheap...
I want honest opinions.
Trash or keep?
They're not applied, put magnets on to hold it up. Imagine no white background.
Thoughts.
Oh, I plan installing that rear fender also.
20221116_141310.jpg

Dumb! I only see these on the rigs of eauverlander man-bun hipsters in Denver. :flipoff2:

I want honest opinions.
Trash or keep?
Thoughts.
View attachment 3169983

Personally...

"That'd be a no, Bob..."

I see these stickers all over mid-size cross-overs and Subaru's up here in Portland, and they're now bleeding into the 4Runner community, particularly on the $50k rigs that have $30k worth of gear or mods, AND a $5k RTT.

I see them as "HEY! LOOK AT ME! I NEED TO LET YOU KNOW THAT I WANT YOU TO THINK I GO OUT INTO THE WOODS AND CAMP AND HIKE AND DO ALL. THE. THINGS. THAT YOU CAN DO IN THE WOODS BECAUSE I GO INTO THE WOODS AND MY STICKERS PROVE THAT I GO INTO SAID WOODS!"

That being said...you do you. If you want them on and like them...do it!

Just my opinion...but they're not for me and not on my Land Cruiser.
Hell, I don't even have any stickrs on mine except for what will eventually go on the storage box up top.

I have strong opinions ;)

Last edited:
Trash or keep?

I think they look interesting, as I imagine them without the white background. I'm somewhat of a purist/traditionalist, and wouldn't put them on my own 80, but I also appreciate the creative things folks are doing with wraps, decals, bumpers and the like these days. If the modern tools for design and printing had been around longer I'd guess these types of decals would be more ubiquitous and "acceptable" today. They may be trendy, but that doesn't mean they aren't also a cool way to customize a vehicle. I'd probably be more into fake wood decals, like the 80s Grand Wagoneers sported, but probably just because I remember it from when I was a kid ;)

If you have the decals and are curious I'd say put them on. You'll know in a week or two what you really think and if you end up not liking them it won't take very long to peel them off with one of these:

I want honest opinions.
Trash or keep?
Thoughts.
View attachment 3169983
I like it but maybe move it back a little so the mountains are on the 1/4 panel maybe?

You forgot to reset the trip meter when it hit 333,000.
Your next opportunity is in 111,111 miles.:)
Unfortunately no dice there. Mr T made a hell of a package here but the trip odo wasn’t his best work. That think hasn’t worked in 10 years probably 😂

Just missed the DTE mark on the 2020 taco last week as well

93C5F08F-DD36-4D0F-875B-8FE8D4AE710D.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom