What have you done to your 200 Series this week? (38 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

And…..how does it stop @AnyMal ? What was the break in process?

brakes are completely linear and the mid pedal mush is gone.
they hold while not grabby and keep on grabbing progressively and predictably through the range.
They dont bite during threshold braking and easy to modulate at the limit.
They dint grab at feather light pre empt pedal activation to engage rear lights, they skim smoothly.
the pads are coated with that pink rotor scouring compound and rotors are corrosion coated in and out.

A- due to a couple squeaks but still new though plus i couldnt help myself in testing them decently hard, to check for any high pressure leaks of course ;) as well as my diy bushing stud sleeves.

and they look cool.

Last edited:
Siphoned out the gallon of "summer" washer fluid and replaced it with the winter brew. Had to remove the top elbow from the filler neck in order to get a tube snaked down there.

If you're still running summer formulation and it gets cold where you live, don't forget to swap it out.

brakes are completely linear and the mid peddle mush is gone.
they hold while not grabby and keep grabbing linear through the range.
They dont bite during threshold braking and easy to modulate at the limit.
They dint grab at feather light pre empt pedal activation to engage rear lights, they skim smoothly.
the pads are coated with that pink rotor scouring compound and rotors are corrosion coated in and out.

A- due to a couple squeaks but still new though plus i couldnt help myself in testing them decently hard, to check for any high pressure leaks of course ;) as well as my diy bushing stud sleeves.

and they look cool.
I did EBC brakes a few weeks ago. Definitely a big improvement!!

Siphoned out the gallon of "summer" washer fluid and replaced it with the winter brew. Had to remove the top elbow from the filler neck in order to get a tube snaked down there.

If you're still running summer formulation and it gets cold where you live, don't forget to swap it out.
I wonder what comes from the factory. We are camping this weekend and expect some freezing temps.

I did EBC brakes a few weeks ago. Definitely a big improvement!!

My only ragret is the rear brakes size. Looks small.
Wonder if anything has a larger drop in like from a tundra tow package or something?

My only ragret is the rear brakes size. Looks small.
Wonder if anything has a larger drop in like from a tundra tow package or something?
Good question that I have done zero research on. Although, with this recent upgrade to the EBC setup, I haven't felt the desire for more braking power.

I bet he had fun!!

59480418_10217675188938843_1516497044628307968_n.jpg

59558690_10217675188338828_7107773835218255872_n.jpg

Look what the dingo dragged in.

Screen Shot 2022-11-17 at 11.31.07 AM.png

Going in later today.

Fixed the brakes with EBC Brakes and pads, stop-tech SS lines, and put new DOT 4 fluid in.
Everything from EBC was super high quality. If you have any hesitation at all, go ahead ad at least ditch your Toyota pads, they are trash.

There were multiple seized coupling flare nuts that I worked through but the best part was losing power doing the rear inners during a storm while under the truck.
Austin power goes out if you look at it wrong.
I have to get some new bleeders for the rears, but I wont be cutting and flaring the hardline for the sake of cosmetics until they come apart again in x years...
I also fixed the rotor slop with some specialized bushings. That slop chewed my stud bores on the old rotors.
Oh and i double return spring-ed the fronts. And yes, lines are all longer than factory garbage.

View attachment 3169880View attachment 3169882

View attachment 3169884
View attachment 3169885
View attachment 3169886

Yes, i did the whole job in floafers.

FYI per the FSM the anti-rattle spring is only needed on the bottom of the pad eyelets:

1668816376387.png

Wasn't ready to commit (financially or otherwise) to a full roof rack so I opted for a Yakima Offgrid.

Very easy setup/mount and the noise honestly isn't that discernable... Pleasantly surprised as matter of fact, expected much worse from what others describe certain racks.

View attachment 2383567

View attachment 2383568
I added the large Yakima offgrid (off grid off-grid) with the extension for the same reason-wasn’t ready to commit to a permanent roof rack replacement.

I’ve only had it up to around 60 mph but can also say the rack isn’t noisy. If it’s making noise it doesn’t protrude into consciousness. If you look for the noise it’s hard to say whether it’s tire noise (I’ve got relatively mild all terrains) or the rack.

I had one of the inexpensive Chinese baskets previously and it was audible and most speeds. Loud enough that I didn’t want to leave it on most of the time.

Also the mounting system is high quality and innovative…it has a sort of adjustable strap and then slide locking mechanism…and I installed their barrel locks for an extra $20…nice insurance.

BC7E0535-8A4B-42BC-931D-614CB87ED8CF.jpeg

EF951247-086D-4809-A82D-0E0D7138CA24.jpeg

5A54F8A4-CFB4-47EA-B87D-42209DC917CD.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom