Windshield washer fluid? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

scottm

SILVER Star
Threads
I hate mixing fluids, wonder what Mr. Toyota put in the bottle? I could run it all out and start with something more magical for cold winter slush use. Seems like dealers all sell aftermarket for replenishables, I've had them try to sell me green coolant.

I hate mixing fluids, wonder what Mr. Toyota put in the bottle? I could run it all out and start with something more magical for cold winter slush use. Seems like dealers all sell aftermarket for replenishables, I've had them try to sell me green coolant.
As long as it’s winter rated you probably can’t go wrong. I tend to avoid the ones that claim to remove bugs, Rain-X, or act as de-icers. No idea what they will do to the paint.

I've been using orange rain-x for at least 15 years in 4 different vehicles without issues. It definitely helps in the rain and you can get it for 2.50 at walmart if you can stand to go there. Never had any paint issues or sensor issues but in some vehicles it can affect the low fluid sensor.

I use rain x for years, zero issues ever.

E1C10DC0-DBCD-4723-8449-7F89DCD278E8.jpeg

As long as it’s winter rated you probably can’t go wrong. I tend to avoid the ones that claim to remove bugs, Rain-X, or act as de-icers. No idea what they will do to the paint.
Agreed, only I also worry about what it does to the rubber of the wiper and personally don’t want rainx anywhere near my glass.

Bare glass, and cheap parts store wiper fluid of a temp range that covers conditions, and I’m good.

A good friend distills alcohol. We mix the early runnings in with the wiper fluid. Makes the rig smell purty.
Bottle that mix and do a group buy on here. I’m in.

Orange or purple stuff that's rated to -30F. The blue stuff freezes on the windshield here in colder weather

In my travels I’ve seen blue stuff rated down to -40. Guessing the colors are for specific brands?

I do know the +20 performs better at actually cleaning the windshield when it isn’t super cold out, so unless I’m headed to the mountains in the winter that’s what I run.

I've been using orange rain-x for at least 15 years in 4 different vehicles without issues. It definitely helps in the rain and you can get it for 2.50 at walmart if you can stand to go there. Never had any paint issues or sensor issues but in some vehicles it can affect the low fluid sensor.
+1
Cannot stand walmart, they are on sale at Auto Zone for $3.50 every now and then.

Hands down my go to and I will not change.

It claims it is effective to 0°.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom