Ironman Skid Plates for a 2008? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Anyone know why these skid plates would only be for a 2015 and up?

Is it mounting holes? If so, has anyone made these fit on an older 200 series? What does it take? Etc.

They are on sale for $599 and seem to be the best bang for the buck, hope they can work for my 2008.

If the Ironman skid plates can't work, what would you recommend?

Is it mounting holes? If so, has anyone made these fit on an older 200 series? What does it take? Etc.

They are on sale for $599 and seem to be the best bang for the buck, hope they can work for my 2008.

It says it covers “Radiator, Steering, Engine and Transmission.”

I think the 200’s already have, albeit thin, metal coverage of the radiator and steering…

Our vehicles, I think, have a plastic “splash guard”/skid plate on the engine…we have nothing over our transmission.

If you’re looking for a bang for the buck, you could just get a budbuilt transmission skid plate for $257 and see how far you can get with the stock front metal plate and plastic engine plate.

If you really want a full skid, the total chaos skid plate is all aluminum, covers what the ironman does, and costs $535.

You can try it. I see no reason why it fit 2015, but not 2008. Someone just need to try it and update ironman4x4.

I’ll recommend Ironman if you have low budget. If your budget allow, definitely recommend Slee, budbuild or dissent.

FYI the Asfir front engine skids are $379 for 1/4" aluminum. I've not tried them but they could be another low budget option.

They also have a 3-piece which covers the transfer case and gearbox (transmission) for $790 total.

Upshot of Ironman as you note is they've been running 25% off sales and I believe shipping is free

FYI the Asfir front engine skids are $379 for 1/4" aluminum. I've not tried them but they could be another low budget option.

They also have a 3-piece which covers the transfer case and gearbox (transmission) for $790 total.

Upshot of Ironman as you note is they've been running 25% off sales and I believe shipping is free
I don't think the ASFIR 200 series skid fits the US spec gas models. I could be wrong though.

I don't think the ASFIR 200 series skid fits the US spec gas models. I could be wrong though.

ASFIR is now available in USA. They are looking US spec vehicle for modeling/3d scan. If you close to where ASFIR location in US, might be a good alternative to reach out and work with manufacturer for solution.

If it's as thin as the metal they use for the piece that goes from their bumper under the radiator, your stock skids are stronger.

I have the ASFIR 200 'Diesel' Transfer case skid. It fit as expected with no modifications. 2009 LX570. Can't speak to the other skus.

I have the ASFIR 200 'Diesel' Transfer case skid. It fit as expected with no modifications. 2009 LX570. Can't speak to the other skus.
Thats good news. They should update their website.

Our vehicles, I think, have a plastic “splash guard”/skid plate on the engine…we have nothing over our transmission.

If you have a steel front bumper, you have to ditch those plastic skids, since metal front-rear "rib" they attach to has to be removed. At least that's how it is on my Ironman bumper on my 2009. The bumper has its own front skid plate, but rear of the frame crossmember is left unprotected. I've had the same question, seems like they should have a skid for early 200s if they offer a bumper for them.

If you have a steel front bumper, you have to ditch those plastic skids, since metal front-rear "rib" they attach to has to be removed. At least that's how it is on my Ironman bumper on my 2009. The bumper has its own front skid plate, but rear of the frame crossmember is left unprotected. I've had the same question, seems like they should have a skid for early 200s if they offer a bumper for them.
I’ve got the ironman bumper too.

I don’t think I was clear. The engine skid on our cars is just a plastic skid guard. A big black piece of plastic with a little access door on it to drain your oil.

Behind that piece, there is nothing…no coverage for our transmission.

Attached are photos of the homemade skid I made out of a construction road sign to replace the plastic engine skid (first pic) which extends to cover the transmission/cats (second pic).

D778F598-35BC-42CA-B2D2-A3098BD4D384.jpeg

41EC38F4-653F-4918-8E1A-4B39F8CB06E4.jpeg

I’ve got the ironman bumper too.

I don’t think I was clear. The engine skid on our cars is just a plastic skid guard. A big black piece of plastic with a little access door on it to drain your oil.

Behind that piece, there is nothing…no coverage for our transmission.

Attached are photos of the homemade skid I made out of a construction road sign to replace the plastic engine skid (first pic) which extends to cover the transmission/cats (second pic).

View attachment 3046043

View attachment 3046044
Road sign skid is bad a$$. Well done HighFructose.

Today I pulled the skids from my newly acquired 08 LX 570. First pic is after I cleaned 14 years worth of oil and grime. Second pic is some darn fabric filter insulation stuff that was laden with about a quart of old motor oil. Does that thing serve any purpose other than to collect used oil when doing an oil change and not removing the skid?
AEC017E4-70CE-4414-9894-661AAF227CE4.jpeg
87BD1B17-A7F5-410A-AD41-E1609170150F.jpeg

So I have an Ironman bumper on its way for a 2010 LC. What’s skid plate recommendation on these since the Ironman says 2015+
I looked at the arb and it looks nice.

Mine needs to get replaced even if it is factory.

Thank you for your help!

So I have an Ironman bumper on its way for a 2010 LC. What’s skid plate recommendation on these since the Ironman says 2015+
I looked at the arb and it looks nice.

Mine needs to get replaced even if it is factory.

Thank you for your help!
I was looking at this link. If it works and y’all recommend I’ll probably go this route. If you see a better price please let me know. Again thank you.

'08-21 200 Series Toyota Land Cruiser ARB Skid Plate Kit - https://sdhqoffroad.com/collections/08-21-200-series-toyota-land-cruiser-protection-products/products/08-21-200-series-toyota-land-cruiser-arb-skid-plate-kit

I was looking at this link. If it works and y’all recommend I’ll probably go this route. If you see a better price please let me know. Again thank you.

'08-21 200 Series Toyota Land Cruiser ARB Skid Plate Kit - https://sdhqoffroad.com/collections/08-21-200-series-toyota-land-cruiser-protection-products/products/08-21-200-series-toyota-land-cruiser-arb-skid-plate-kit

You might need to cut off the curl at the front, it will interfere with the Ironman skid that mounts on the same bolts.

PXL_20220707_203322442.jpg

@Ironman 4x4 USA or @Ironman4x4Bubba - can you add to this conversation to help clear this confusion up - why do you only show the Ironman skids for 200 series fitting 2015 and newer. Whereas your Australia website shows one available for the pre-2015 models - Linky Here

People who make a similar product show the same kits for 2008-2021. ARB, Slee, BudBuilt, Dissent, Asfir, Rival, and a host of others

Also are rated recovery points available anytime soon in the US - again shown on the AUS site.

bumping this thread, stuff is on sale all over the place and if Ironman answer up whether these will work on my rig or forothers, I'm sure they would want to try and take advantage - @Ironman 4x4 USA or @Ironman4x4Bubba

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom