Breather (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

John Staton

SILVER Star
Threads
So I am not really out of projects or anything, but my son just got a new 97 4Runner (standard purchased from a mud member....sweet ride) and he ordered this to install for deeper water crossings. Cheap upgrade (<$100)...anyone install this on their 60?. Looks like a universal fit with four ports. I guess for each diff and maybe your transfer case and transmission?? I dont have ARB air lockers. Are there 4 ports in a 60 to plug into? Looks like a cheap easy upgrade.
fj60breather.jpg

I used one of those as my transfer case breather. I got it just because it looks so cool. Yes just an inline fuel filter would work just as well, but that ARB thing looks bosso.
Yeah they added extra ports for both diffs, the transfer case, and …. whatever else you want.

209DC50E-6544-4F99-BF04-9D52B42B1732.png

Last edited:
There already is a breather hose coming off your axles. It goes up a foot or 2 and mounts to the frame with a wonky valve on the end of it that sometimes gets plugged up. You can prob just remove the hose from the axle housing fitting and plug those hoses on. I've seen other versions of this. Mount the valves on the firewall up high and run the hoses to them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom