What does everyone do with their 3rd seats after installing drawers? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I tossed my third row.

Keep the 2nd row on a shelf in the garage, for when I need them a few times a year.

In the basement in big trash bags.

When I sold my 100, I pulled the rear platform out and put the third row back in. Sold the 100 with the seats and sold the platform separately.

I need to move them from my 100-yr-old garage into my neighbor's 120-yr-old garage. Really need to find bags for them, looking for zipper bags like I use to store clothing in, but bigger for these seats. My 100 still has the seats in place, sitting at my brother's place in Hayden. I need to get out there and build a platform so I can start camping in it, that was the plan for leaving it there. Might need to store those seats as well in zipper bags.

I have my 3rd row sitting in my attic. There’s about 0% chance I’ll use them again.

Has anyone thought about harvesting the leather? I was thinking of using some to redo my drives side bolsters.

Is this a dumb / expensive mistake?

I've got two sets (100 and 200 series) stored on the top shelf in my garage. Standing on end they only take up three feet of shelf space.

View attachment 3167418

This was recently discussed in the 100 forum. My 200 seats are on the top shelf in my garage and only take up 20 inches of space standing on end.

There's a place that makes nifty holders for the 100 seats that converts them into a garage couch, but nothing so far for the 200 series.

This was recently discussed in the 100 forum. My 200 seats are on the top shelf in my garage and only take up 20 inches of space standing on end.

There's a place that makes nifty holders for the 100 seats that converts them into a garage couch, but nothing so far for the 200 series.

I sent him a message to see if he'd be willing to make/offer them for the 200 Series. So cool.

I try to keep all OEM bits. Never know when life may bring about a change in use. My 3rd row are contained in two layers of contractor trash bags and sealed with tape. Stored in the attic.
My second and third row are packaged the same.

I took them out and put them back in a couple of times. I’m no longer doing that: huge PITA.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom