Bolt on 80 Series Winch Plate (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Finally got around to cutting up the front bumper. It actually turned out nice and was really easy. The bumper is sitting on the jack stands so it isn't perfectly straight in the pictures. But everything clears nicely. The last picture is what was cut off. It stays pretty hidden while retaining a lot of the bumper.
IMG_20221111_165908117_HDR.jpg
IMG_20221111_170004154.jpg

IMG_20221111_165403421_HDR.jpg
IMG_20221111_171237477.jpg

@GGM - this is a really cool simple solution, so thanks for producing. Also, can you confirm that you are shipping these now with the minor changes so I don't have to grind or cut the width down like ETCruiser did to get it to fit properly with the ARB non-winch bumper?

@ETCruiser thanks for the basics on your write up. Like you said their is no reason to get rid of any buy a new bumper when it's not necessary. I was not looking forward to figuring this out on my own as I don't have the fab equipment to deal with creating the plate and frankly just didn't get my brain on it yet....

But this is a simple solution with minimal cutting - @ETCruiser - did you use a sawzall or grind to make the cuts?

@GGM - this is a really cool simple solution, so thanks for producing. Also, can you confirm that you are shipping these now with the minor changes so I don't have to grind or cut the width down like ETCruiser did to get it to fit properly with the ARB non-winch bumper?

@ETCruiser thanks for the basics on your write up. Like you said their is no reason to get rid of any buy a new bumper when it's not necessary. I was not looking forward to figuring this out on my own as I don't have the fab equipment to deal with creating the plate and frankly just didn't get my brain on it yet....

But this is a simple solution with minimal cutting - @ETCruiser - did you use a sawzall or grind to make the cuts?
Yes, I took off about 3/16" off each edge, that should be enough.

Yes, I took off about 3/16" off each edge, that should be enough.
Great...for the ARB bumper, it did need a little taken off, so 3/16" should be perfect. For me, I used a diablo flap wheel on my small grinder on the mount plate and my regular Dremel with a cutoff wheel for the bumper. Hope this helps!

Great...for the ARB bumper, it did need a little taken off, so 3/16" should be perfect. For me, I used a diablo flap wheel on my small grinder on the mount plate and my regular Dremel with a cutoff wheel for the bumper. Hope this helps!

a regular dremel and cut-off wheel to trim the bumper down? that's sweet and dead simple... thanks @ETCruiser

Reactions: GGM
I have one winch plate on the shelf ready to go and everything available to make more! For the month of December I'm running a discount of 10% on winch plates. Just enter "December" at checkout. 🍻

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom