200 series picture thread (14 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

C91F65DA-D0FB-42E1-B82A-6FFCF1546729.jpeg
781E70C2-4D32-45D9-A730-AB473617A100.jpeg

203D9513-80CB-44A7-A088-B2E2D723C822.jpeg

Last edited:
Finally got every friend and family member I have tricked / convinced to buy a Landcruiser together for a trip to Death Valley National Park. 7 Trucks all together. 2-80's, 4-100's and my 200. It was so much better than I expected

A8787E30-6BD8-401B-ABEF-C47AA9B535C6.jpeg

341BE17B-EC57-4545-950A-F8E0C3E5BB80.jpeg

3FBC7520-E294-4CA7-AB75-2A769D0CFFB6.jpeg

E74B5340-25E7-4E93-9A0A-4F30575EC2DD.jpeg

A95E143D-D55C-494A-840E-F7601AC3AFAB.jpeg

My 285/75/17 Ridge Grappler fits just fine in the spare location. As for diff-drop on the 200, they do help some with lifts over about 2.5" but sometimes aren't compatible with aftermarket skids, or at least not compatible with BudBuilt skids anyway. I think that is one reason they aren't as popular on the 200.
Hey @TheGrrrrr I'm researching the topic of diff drop and Bud Built skids compatibility. Did you try this? I haven't found confirmation of this in Mud other than your statement here. Still searching though...

Hey @TheGrrrrr I'm researching the topic of diff drop and Bud Built skids compatibility. Did you try this? I haven't found confirmation of this in Mud other than your statement here. Still searching though...

The BB skids are not compatible with diff drop (and I doubt many others are either) as the diff mount would interfere with attaching the engine skid to the front crossmember bolt holes. Fortunately though, people smarter than me have determine the diff-drop to be of limited value on the 200 so its not a big loss. Certainly I would prefer BB skids over the functionality of a diff-drop, having to choose between the two... I don't remember where I saw the thread that discussed why the diff-drop was less necessary or less effective on a 200 series, but it was convincing to me at the time.

I found out about the skid compatibility issue when I was talking to Rob @Taco2Cruiser about my skid order when I mentioned that I had the diff-drop and he was the one that told me it would need to come out for the engine skid to mount properly.

Assuming the dune picture is in Big Dune\Amargosa dunes and not inside DV?
Correct. The dune picture was actually on the way home @ Dumont Dunes after leaving DV

@dubyahard started up the 395 to Trona pinnacles, then to Ballerat Ghost Town. to Barker ranch, by geologist down to Bad water basin and out to the east to Baker. I had never been and it was an excellent 2.5 days of offroading and camping. The weheeling was actually way better than expected!

@dubyahard started up the 395 to Trona pinnacles, then to Ballerat Ghost Town. to Barker ranch, by geologist down to Bad water basin and out to the east to Baker. I had never been and it was an excellent 2.5 days of offroading and camping. The weheeling was actually way better than expected!
So that takes you through Mengel Pass right? Is that open all winter?

Dissent front bumper mounted. Needs adjusted for a flex gap and the old recovery points removed, but other than that, I'm pretty happy with how it came out.

D93A350C-440C-4FAC-865D-05B5DB100C23_1_102_o.jpeg

Well, where are the elk?
We only saw one bull the entire trip and it was a beautiful 6x6 that came out broadside at about 200 yards and as soon as the rifle was in the shoulder it had turned to walk straight away from us. Didn't feel it would be an ethical shot straight from behind unfortunately.

We only saw one bull the entire trip and it was a beautiful 6x6 that came out broadside at about 200 yards and as soon as the rifle was in the shoulder it had turned to walk straight away from us. Didn't feel it would be an ethical shot straight from behind unfortunately.
Gotta make that texas heart shot! What caliber were you running? I had a 28 Nosler elk gun custom made by Ryan Pierce.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom