Webasto Thermo Top C (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I recall seeing a thread some years ago about Thermo Top C's and sourcing one for a screeching good deal (Canadian Tire?). I believe retail then used to be something like $950-1200/each and someone found a retailer that sold them for something like $500-650/each.

Looking for a great deal on a Webasto Thermo Top C for my truck and am located in Colorado. If someone knows of a retailer or other selling these for a nicely discounted price, please post to this thread.

Thank you.

Ebay has had these on and off coming from Europe that were sub $800 and pretty well equipped. Don't know the market in the last year, but when I was set on buying one they could be had for a fair price. You can also pull them off some of the older TDI VW's. Rebuild is easy and they're dead simple.

I got mine cheap back in the day from Modern Sales in Barrie Ontario (via ebay) which still looks to be in business. It was a deal at the time, but that was nearly a decade ago. Heater still works like the day it was installed.

Even at full price they are worth the money.

Funny thing, I was just looking at them on eBay yesterday. There are several sellers in Eastern Europe that sell reconditioned Thermo Top C’s, complete with standalone control boards, wiring and a remote switch. They are $250-$500 depending on what you want. One thing to note about the Thermo Top C/D/Z (there are probably more models, too) that come off of Euro spec diesel cars is that they are controlled through the CAN Bus of the original car, so they require a new control board to operate standalone.

Thank you all for the input. Was hoping to find something Stateside complete like the old days. Not interested in putting together the recipe for an entire kit.

Look for a Thermo Top Evo. The Thermo Top C/TSL 17 has been discontinued for a few years.

Does the the Evo have the oomph the C had? Can’t seem to find a side by side comparo.

That screams repackaged chinese diesel heater despite the website claims. If you aren't relying on it to start your diesel in the middle of nowhere at -30 then go for it, but if you are I would proceed carefully.
Yeah I wasn’t sure. Usually when the price is lower and description vague it makes me wonder. Some of the reason I haven’t pulled the trigger is because I can’t find reviews.

I bought mine from Cummins.com they have a Canadian site. It was 20% off on Black Friday. Works awesome and definitely reliable in -20. For a few hundred bucks the cost difference vs the potential headaches of a rebadged Chinese piece of garbage was a no brainer. I didn’t get the timer. Just the simple switch but there is a pig tail for a timer mod later if desired. Mine is a 24v unit and the install was simple.

Hopefully it comes with all of the gear to hook it up like my other unit did. Fuel line and T's, exhaust etc. I will reach out and see what they say.

Thank you everyone.

Mine was a complete kit. The harness was a mile long. Needed cut but that’s not a big deal.

In -20 the truck starts like a summers day. I do run a thinner diesel oil for winter as well. 5/40…

Last edited:
Canadian Tire never sold Webasto. If you buy it in Canada buy it through an Alberta retailer,
probably lower price, less taxes.
Webasto or Espar, both are top quality. I know of 2-3 guys with cheap Russian heaters from
Alibaba and they have not had any issues. These guys live in Alberta, if they work for them
I’d not be worried. If you want to buy in USA, just go to nearest decent Kenworth, Volvo
dealer and ask them. They should have list of local dealers.
EDIT: 26 Nov
A coworker bought a GMC Canyon with the baby Duramax back in 2016. He went to Calgary and had
Polar Mobility install an Esparbacher into his truck. It cost about $2400 including the whole
kit etc. He drove from Rapid City, SD to do this. He’s as OCD as they come. If he figured it was
worth it, it’s something to check out. If I was running a modern truck I’d get it installed somewhere
with a warranty, since new trucks are all about that.

Last edited:
20221201_075955.jpg

24v Webasto Thermo Pro 50 Eco

New In Box. No instructions. With $250 controller.
24v

$1250

Helluva deal!

Last edited:
I just pulled the trigger on the therm top evo $1191 from Coldfront. Got the 12v system. I still don't understand the need for 24V system. Is it for batteries that are always in series? I don't think i'd require one as the 1hdt is only in series for starting. So 12V should be ok?

I just pulled the trigger on the therm top evo $1191 from Coldfront. Got the 12v system. I still don't understand the need for 24V system. Is it for batteries that are always in series? I don't think i'd require one as the 1hdt is only in series for starting. So 12V should be ok?
You don't need a 24v unless you have a 24v vehicle. Same goes for winches. Except these are lower amperage so you can convert easily if you want to. If you bought 12v, you did what I would have too.

You don't need a 24v unless you have a 24v vehicle. Same goes for winches. Except these are lower amperage so you can convert easily if you want to. If you bought 12v, you did what I would have too.
Great...look forward to working on it now that I can't drive it. GF lost my only key.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom