Builds Camo's build thread - 2F to 2UZ (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

The Battle Born bead locks I had were the same way super deep at the hub.

Rear brakes packed it up. Lots of warpage. Both pistons were stuck. Went for a $14 rebuild...

IMG_20220927_203832_01.jpg

...and then went for the remans. Those pits were wicked deep. Brake fluid is a service item, people. Cmon.

Big Box remans and pads around some OE rotors because they were cheaper (nuts). New shiny:

20220928_201453.jpg

Veteran's Day Ride is behind us. Such a good time. Slept the afternoon away yesterday trying to catch up on zzzzs.

Camo needs a belly pan in a really bad way. This was the second time I rolled the dice, put the case up on a boulder, and got away with it. Those noises put me on tilt for a while and left me being more gentle than I needed to be. Nothing some steel can't fix.

On the other hand, he played tow truck and dead-pulled @bush up and out of the peanut-butter-coated bottom end of the park after Ginger's electrical pitched a fit. If anyone got that ride on film...I'm sure a few of would love to see it. Mel McDaniel's "Stand on it" would be a fitting soundtrack.

Straight body panels remaining: 1. Needs to get home: gas.

20221112_030803.jpg

Veteran's Day Ride is behind us. Such a good time. Slept the afternoon away yesterday trying to catch up on zzzzs.

Camo needs a belly pan in a really bad way. This was the second time I rolled the dice, put the case up on a boulder, and got away with it. Those noises put me on tilt for a while and left me being more gentle than I needed to be. Nothing some steel can't fix.

On the other hand, he played tow truck and dead-pulled @bush up and out of the peanut-butter-coated bottom end of the park after Ginger's electrical pitched a fit. If anyone got that ride on film...I'm sure a few of would love to see it. Mel McDaniel's "Stand on it" would be a fitting soundtrack.

Straight body panels remaining: 1. Needs to get home: gas.

View attachment 3167888
Can confirm. Dice was rolled.

AFC9CFE0-A9AD-4538-82E7-323F5852DD55.png

40800C7C-EB63-44A4-A7B6-392772227481.jpeg

Camo has been pitching fits and avoiding 5th gear here and there. Also threw P0705.

Dug around the 4RNR forums and it looks like the NSS is a known weak spot. It corrodes up and causes just this. '03+ 100 folks are susceptible to the same probs.

This was one of the rare spots that OE was cheaper than aftermarket. Winning.

An hour of prying and she popped loose. Bless you northerner's hearts...this would truly suck on a corroded truck.

Installed and calibrated. No codes, and she starts in park AND neutral. That's new.

Last edited:
Wall gave way and....crunch. That one was just a few weeks old, too.

ditch.png
ditch1.png
ditch2.png

That's why I moved to the smaller tail lights, lol.

I've got some scamazon trailer lamps to try after I quasi-straighten the body. I almost feel bad crushing these lenses.

Quarter panel protection 😎

20230312_203626.jpg

Finally got around to installing the sway bar. Packages very well. Helps enough on the road to notice a real improvement without feeling so firm to cause concern for the trails.

Currently set with arms parallel to the ground with perpendicular links.

View attachment 3270886

Finally got around to installing the sway bar. Packages very well. Helps enough on the road to notice a real improvement without feeling so firm to cause concern for the trails.

Nice. Ive had this in the cart for about a month. I need get with you and put eyes on it. I was thinking about doing F/ R.

View attachment 3270886

Nice work ;)

which arm length and bar diameter?

which arm length and bar diameter?

45" bar, 0.8" OD, 20" arms set at mid position (5 holes), links have 5" cut out of them to make it all fit.

RJ kinda sticks it to you on that length. Only one bar OD to choose from.

Took a little trip out to Lone Star Cruiser Round Up. Ate and drank well. Had a ball. Wheeling on those rocks is like driving on Velcro. TX's FM road speed limits are laughably high. Sway bar worked a treat. I'll move the links to give the rear axle a bit more leverage, but all in all it's a welcomed addition.

IMG_1611.JPG

This dude was 12yo. Has been wheeling buggies since he was 7yo. He got everyone's attn. So much fun to watch him drive - not just because of his age, but because he knew what he was doing.

20230318_165930.jpg

Texas was the end of the KM3s. They worked well there, but they suck here. So new shoes were in order for '23. Stayed with 37s, but switched tire manufacturers. Added another set of locks. The black ones are getting wrapped with reds from @Skitz.

20230322_182511.jpg
20230322_185133.jpg

The new shoes look good Zack !!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom