Remote start engine options (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
My 2014 LX 570 as a remote start option installed. However, I don't believe it works from a very far distance. I've heard that some Lexus vehicles have an app option that you can remotely start the vehicle from a longer distance. If this is true, does it work on a 2014 model? I assumed there's going to be a subscription fee, correct?

I don’t believe the app based OEM enform services were available on your LX. This is a good option, I installed this on my 21 LC and it works great.

Thank you for the link. The site says "Range is the same as your OEM Key", plus I don't like to carry an additional key fob. Currently my key fob can remote start, I just need a longer range. Yeah, I kinda thought my model may be too old for the Lexus app base remote start feature but wasn't sure.

How long of a distance? My 2013 works as long as the fob is in range (i.e. even if parked a few houses down the street). You can, of course, use the old 'hold-the-fob-under-your-chin' trick to turn your melon into a pseudo-WeBoost antenna to extend range. Works remarkably well and I've only developed a small tumor from the radiation.

Thank you for the link. The site says "Range is the same as your OEM Key", plus I don't like to carry an additional key fob. Currently my key fob can remote start, I just need a longer range. Yeah, I kinda thought my model may be too old for the Lexus app base remote start feature but wasn't sure.
the 12 volt remote start has a cellular app option you can use to lock/unlock/start/turn off your engine. It's celluar based, so it'll work as long as you've got signal. I believe there's an annual subscription cost with the app, but it works like charm. So the remote start will work both with your FOB and with the app.

I don't know the range is for the 2014 model remote start but the distance from my office to the parking lot is like 870 feet. I have not tried if it works...I guess it's time to try it. :)

the 12 volt remote start has a cellular app option you can use to lock/unlock/start/turn off your engine. It's celluar based, so it'll work as long as you've got signal. I believe there's an annual subscription cost with the app, but it works like charm. So the remote start will work both with your FOB and with the app.
That's nice! I'll certainly look into it if my OEM key fob does not work from my office to the parking lot.

How is the phone app? The website makes it seem like it's not the greatest.
App is super easy for me. Lock, unlock, start, stop. Plus last known gps location, battery voltage and ambient temp. No complaints.

EE68BAFB-EF6A-488E-A01E-5AFB278D5B96.png

App is super easy for me. Lock, unlock, start, stop. Plus last known gps location, battery voltage and ambient temp. No complaints.

View attachment 3168351

Sorry if this was answered, but does the system connect to a phone through wifi or through bluetooth?

Nevermind, I saw on their website that for the app to work its an additional remote start module and $40 a year.

Hey guys, does anyone know how to install the factory remote keyfob start into a 2015 LX. I have one but i don't think it has the remote start option. My old 4runner would start if you locked the door 3 times and held it on the third press.

Is this how the LX starts if it has the factory remote start?

Hello,

I have a 2015 LX with factory installed remote start, I want the app. Would I need to un-install what I currently have to install the 12v solutions setup?

Thank you,

Brett

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom