What did you do with your 60 this weekend? (21 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

After a very long wait, about four years after recovering it from being stolen, body work and paint are finally done. Now for the reassembly.

Would you mind sharing what the repaint cost? I know there's no standard cost but it'd be nice to get a ballpark idea. I was quoted $15k for a doors off respray and curious what others are paying.

Would you mind sharing what the repaint cost? I know there's no standard cost but it'd be nice to get a ballpark idea. I was quoted $15k for a doors off respray and curious what others are paying.
Here's my story. I had a guy lined up and he charged $75 per hour which I thought was reasonable. He couldn't get to it for 11 months and then he backed out leaving me hanging. I then was having a difficult time finding someone to do rust repair so I borrowed a welder form a friend and did that myself. I ended up getting extremely lucky as my friend said his brother would do the remainder of the body work and paint. So with that being said what I paid may not be a good reflection as to what the real world costs are. He wanted $4k I gave him $5k add in the paint and supplies around another $1k. Another friend has been looking to have a respray all the body work is done and he is getting quotes of between $15k and $20k. These are prices in the Denver area.

My wife was out of town for the weekend, I decided I was going to take the girls on an "adventure" trip off-roading in Indiana at Interlake State Recreation Area, it's about 1.5 hours away from us. We awoke Saturday morning to snow, grabbed McDonald's breakfast and hit the road for our adventure! A friend of mine came along with a similarly prepped Discovery 2, my neighbor came along for the ride, due to the snow he left his stock, street tired Suzuki Samurai at home, then we met up with an Indiana FJ Cruiser owner who showed us around.

The girls loved it and the 60 did great! We made some great memories, bouncing around in the mud, snow and singing Christmas music!

But it was soupy, in the word's of some old guy we went 4 wheeling with years ago: "It was slicker than a minner's (read: minnow) peter."

1668441144461.png

*taken by a professional driver/photographer on a closed course

1668441209846.png

1668441222340.png

1668441238497.png

1668441289357.png

Looks fantastic, is that a factory color?
It's code 8B4 Night Blue. In different light in changes from blue to gray and even purple. It is darker than originally and am told with newer pigments in paint these days there might be a slight change. Anyhow, I'm really happy with it.

Installed a 600 watt coolant heater and attached it to a Wyze plug. I can now schedule it to be warm an hour and a half before driving to work! Not that a 24v Canadian Cruiser needs help (last year I managed to start it with only 5 working glow plugs in 5 degree F temps), but it's nice to be extra kind to an antique.

20221117_202047.jpg

20221117_202104.jpg

20221117_202211.jpg

Installed a 600 watt coolant heater and attached it to a Wyze plug. I can now schedule it to be warm an hour and a half before driving to work! Not that a 24v Canadian Cruiser needs help (last year I managed to start it with only 5 working glow plugs in 5 degree F temps), but it's nice to be extra kind to an antique.

View attachment 3171272
View attachment 3171273

View attachment 3171274
Oh man… my truck is sitting in the driveway with a solid block of ice in the radiator. I could really use one of those right about now…

Oil pressure sender wire fell off while I was driving. Reattached it and my new high pressure is the old low pressure on the gauge, probably going to have to replace it. Did a whole oil change to make sure I didn't actually lose oil pressure and it seems fine, just frustrating.

I've got a shelf full of parts I'll probably end up selling because I'm aiming to have the engine swapped by summer of next year.

Oil pressure sender wire fell off while I was driving. Reattached it and my new high pressure is the old low pressure on the gauge, probably going to have to replace it. Did a whole oil change to make sure I didn't actually lose oil pressure and it seems fine, just frustrating.

I've got a shelf full of parts I'll probably end up selling because I'm aiming to have the engine swapped by summer of next year.
Booo but it could be worse!! Also whatcha sellin? Cause I may be buyin 🤣

Oh man… my truck is sitting in the driveway with a solid block of ice in the radiator. I could really use one of those right about now…
It's extra nice because there's heat coming out of the vents before I even reach the public roads!

It's extra nice because there's heat coming out of the vents before I even reach the public roads!
My work is only 7 minutes from home, but my fingertips are still in pain by the time I get to work some days. Well, not the past two weeks because I haven’t driven it. 🥶

Hi, Some snow in Plano will keep mine parked and drive the Ram I don’t want the cruisers hit by the crazy drivers who don’t know how to drive in snow. Besides I put new grills on most of the cruisers.

snow is the best time to play with them guys!!

i just got mine out back together. fuel pump and injectors rebuilt as part of chasing a hot start issue. ended up being some old wiring that wouldn’t send enough power to open the fuel solenoid when it got warm. in the process by starter also went. all of that is fixed now donut runs again!! it’s so nice to drive it again after i’ve been just working on it for the last 5 months just to get it to run. now for some stuff that i can fix while still being able to drive it. it’s going in for a webasto service. then i need a new windshield. then i need to fix my rear wiper and fix some wiring in my dash and put in a new speedo cable and and and…. you know how it is. at least i can drive it again!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom