all captains. all day. scheel mann edition. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Do you lose side-impact airbags with these?
Most aftermarket seats do not use airbags, so yes. Not sure how to bypass the sensor to get rid of the warning light on the dash. Anyone who has swapped seats have any input? Is there a passenger occupancy sensor like in the 200, FJ, tacoma, etc?

Most aftermarket seats do not use airbags, so yes. Not sure how to bypass the sensor to get rid of the warning light on the dash. Anyone who has swapped seats have any input? Is there a passenger occupancy sensor like in the 200, FJ, tacoma, etc?

Probably some kind of resister might do it.

I could be wrong but I think that when Black Ohio put the Scheelmanns in his old LX that there was no light.

I've heard the early LX's dont have side impact airbags so for those years there is likely no light. My 05 has side impact air bags, I suspect when unplugging the airbag there will be a light.

I've heard the early LX's dont have side impact airbags so for those years there is likely no light. My 05 has side impact air bags, I suspect when unplugging the airbag there will be a light.
Correct. I found a toyota airbag resistor insert that might work. I just have to test it to verify.

You can save $14.50 and just use a 50 cent 2.2ohm resistor.
Not that I recommend bypassing an SRS system, officially.
Only issue with running a standard resistor is the lack of security. These connectors snap and lock in to the oem harness, creating a secure connection. Could be a possibility of the resistors coming loose off road

@blackohio @bridgeburner quick question about the seat belt mounting onto the Planted bracket. I’ve put several sets in 80 series and I recall I had to find a nut that would work with the seat belt receiver because that part is somewhat integrated into the factory seat. It appears to be the same on the 100 series. Before I tackle this swap I wanted to see if either of you recall anything I should be aware of when making the switch? I have my new Scheelmann mounted up on the brackets and just waiting to go in - have not removed the factory seats just yet.

@blackohio @bridgeburner quick question about the seat belt mounting onto the Planted bracket. I’ve put several sets in 80 series and I recall I had to find a nut that would work with the seat belt receiver because that part is somewhat integrated into the factory seat. It appears to be the same on the 100 series. Before I tackle this swap I wanted to see if either of you recall anything I should be aware of when making the switch? I have my new Scheelmann mounted up on the brackets and just waiting to go in - have not removed the factory seats just yet.
So this is the passenger front. Let me know if it helps at all.
B22ECC05-4F20-4748-BE34-50CEEA8BF1C4.jpeg

The drivers side doesn’t have the washers and uses different hardware but the same concept. It looks like the bolt was just chopped down.
I’m curious about the driver side now. I bought hardware before I tore down. The current setup only allows the driver seat to go forward so far. The nut - or bolt head if I reversed - hits the seat. There is really not a lot of room between the mounting bracket and the seat.

65090EF0-9189-44C7-98E6-051B90E3CF36.jpeg

I’m curious about the driver side now. I bought hardware before I tore down. The current setup only allows the driver seat to go forward so far. The nut - or bolt head if I reversed - hits the seat. There is really not a lot of room between the mounting bracket and the seat.

View attachment 3041603
Noted. My better half will have the truck tomorrow morning for some errands and I’ll try to snag a picture after.

View attachment 3041603

Thanks for the picture. Looks nice.

View attachment 3041603
This is a terrible photo, but the best I could get of the drivers side.

18ADA23D-72E0-474E-9E83-0B338CAB3E51.jpeg

Just put a Scheel-Mann Vario XXL in the DS as my initial trial. Has anyone learned how to defeat the airbag or seatbelt sensor?

Has this been confirmed as an option? Airbag Simulator for Toyota / Lexus

Still need to wire up the heater too.

Otherwise, this seat is so much better than the stock setup for my 6'1" frame

I used a 7/16-20 jam nut and a lock washer to mount the seatbelt receiver to the Planted seat mount. Easy enough.

Still haven't figured out how to defeat the seat occupancy sensor and the air bag. Resistor is in.

Love the seat and would install more, but these blinking lights are a bummer.

Any intel here ? I would buy an occupancy sensor but no certainty of what to buy and install.

Any update to this thread? I am contemplating getting a set of these seats to save my neck and back but want to make sure that the Airbag light goes off with the 98-02 vintage seatbelt when swapped to the planted bases. Also, has anyone swapped over the passenger seat weight/occupancy sensor?

Another question, where (when compared to stock seats) does someone sit in regard to height? I like sitting a little higher than lower in my Factory seats. Do the bases have you sitting closer to the floor than stock seat mounts? I appreciate anyone chiming in about this with feedback.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom