What does everyone do with their 3rd seats after installing drawers? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi all. I installed a set of Rugged Bound drawers in my 2013 LX a little over 1.5 yrs ago and still have my 3rd row seats. Why am I holding on to these? Has anyone taken the drawers out and reinstalled? Do you do this on a regular basis?

Does anyone bother keeping them?

I was just wondering today, dragged during a recent move, they take up a huge amount of space, WTF am I holding on to these. Anyone had issues selling their truck without the 3rd row? (not that I am selling)

If anyone needs some black seats for an LX PM me, come and pick them up in Colorado Springs. I'll also post in the classifieds.

I try to keep all OEM bits. Never know when life may bring about a change in use. My 3rd row are contained in two layers of contractor trash bags and sealed with tape. Stored in the attic.

Mine are sitting in a storage unit.

www.excapeartists.com
9BDDBD9D-6550-46D5-AB89-08FC64BC55F8.jpeg

Last edited:
I put mine out on the porch, they make comfy seats for sitting around reading and are holding up surprisingly well to the weather!

I've got a spot for 80 2nd row seats and 200 3rd row seats on a shelf in my garage. I'd like to bring it back to stock if I ever sell (even though I have no immediate plans to sell, you never know where life will take you), so as long as I've got the storage space, I'm keeping them.

Took my 3rd row seats out of my LC the week I got it in 11/2019 and hauled them to the basement to store on the heavy duty shelves. I did the same thing with my 3rd row eats with my 100 series I got in early 2000. I put them back in when I used it as a trade-in when buying my current LC 11/2019. The seats keep really well, btw.

I ended up selling my stock wheels/tires after I went aftermarket. I was going to save them but the cross country move said otherwise. If i were to be in the same situation with the 3rd row, I'd probably store them if I was living in my house. Otherwise, sell it or use it as furniture as mentioned above.

I dont remember the last time I had used to 3rd row as I do not have kids yet. But even so, I don't remember the last time I had 6+ people in my car.

mjne are in the storage unit. I did toss my running boards after a year in my shed. My factory skid plates are sitting outse by the garage, I'll stick them in my barn in AR next time I go there. Someone may want the factory skid plates if they buy a used LC and the lube guys have lost them, I could hook them up for the cost of shipping. I'd also give up the 3Rd row to some owner that needs them. I have trouble throwing OEM parts away. I do like the garage couch idea.

Both my LC and :princess:'s LX had seats when I found both. That lasted until the trucks got home. They're in the attic covered with moving blankets. No insects up there and my avatar gets the rodents while they're on the ground. They'll go back if either truck is sold.

I have mine double bagged in heavy contractor bags sitting in one of the spare bedrooms lol. I keep meaning to take them to my storage unit, I just keep forgetting to do so because I never go in that room.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom