Are you tall? Do you have knee pain or sciatica from the drivers seat angle? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I've always been hoping someone would build the seat extension that @Devils Paw 80 was mentioning. Every time I check this thread I'm hoping someone mad man has finally done it. I know there is a different thread but it hasn't gone anywhere. I would probably do it but I don't have the tools currently.

Wondering if the Scheel-Mann seats will have more fore-aft adjustment. We will see. The bases are the delay. Toby said could be as long as two weeks for them. He expects to see the seats shipping today or tomorrow.

I also wonder if part of the reason people have less issues with them is that they "make" you sit more properly. More rigid side bolsters on the lower portion will make "some of us" sit more squarely in the seat. Because of the odd geometry on the factory seat relative to my frame, I find myself seating at slight angles in the seat very often.

Let's just say there may still be something to Germans building cars (seats) for taller folks, and the Japanese building for....."less tall" people.

I added the seat jackers to today, delivery from Desert Does It was two days to Seattle. Previously, I had my seat set all the way up at the front and down at the back and the front was still just a bit short on support (I'm 6' 1" with a 34 inch inseam). Now I have a range of adjustment at the front of the seat that gives the thigh support I need without maxing out the seat adjuster. Wish I had purchased them before driving to Montreal and back this summer.

Scheel-Man Vario XXL seat is now in the truck. I did a quick install a couple of days ago. Still need to sort out the connections for the seatbelt sensor and the seat heater as well as how to work around the airbag sensor.

You will need a 7/16-20 jam nut and a wave washer or split washer to attach the seatbelt receiver to the seat mount.

So much more support with these seats. I'm 6'1" and the thigh support is night and day. I haven't driven my truck in over a week and was driving the old E39 for a few days instead. Those seats are superior to the LC seats. My sciatica seems a fraction of what it was even a couple of weeks ago. Time will tell.

I will post updates here. After I drive it for a while we will likely order the passenger's side too. Will go with the normal size and not the XXL for the passenger's side.

The seat transforms the whole ride in the truck. You feel far more connected to the vehicle.

If anyone knows the wiring process for the various items for these seats, any tips appreciated. Honestly have not yet done a search on that yet. Will research this afternoon.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom