Trying to locate factory size fuel lines and clamps (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
My 1980 is getting a new fuel tank installed and I would like to replace all the original rubber fuel lines and a few of the rusty line clamps with factory. The two sizes of fuel line that Napa had seem to be slightly off in terms of size. The small black line from Napa I can probably make work but I could not find a match for the larger fuel line that has a braided exterior (see picture). Also I would need to get clamps for both sides of the fuel line and the two band clamps for the filler neck. Can anybody help steer me in the right direction to get these lines and clamps?

IMG_20190727_141652.jpg

Inlet hose band clamps 96111-10630 (replaces 90460-62033), retail $4.60 each.

Which hoses and clamps?

FJ40 Fuel Tank.png

One of the smaller clamps is 90467-20134, still the same part number, retail $2.27 each.

One of the smaller hoses (Part ID 77100D) is 90445-22024 (replaces 90445-22016), retail $18.59.

Back when Cdan was still at American Toyota in Albuquerque, before he retired to the Land Cruiser Heritage Museum, he told me about Part IDs vs. Part Numbers. Your local dealership should be able to pull the correct, current Part Numbers for your production date using the Part IDs in the diagram above. Sometimes your VIN is needed to get the correct Part Number.

Toyota has been replacing many of the pre-cut hoses with generic OEM hoses of longer lengths, and in some cases replacing molded hoses with straight hoses where the bends aren't too extreme. Good examples are the FJ60/FJ62 oil cooler hoses.

Last edited:
Thanks everyone. My local Toyota dealer can still get the overflow hose and matching clamps. As well as filler neck clamps and fuel line clamps. I ended up putting in ordering with them, prices were fairly reasonable. The 5/16" fuel line I can get from Napa, I only need a few feet.

@Oregon80fj40

Look here: post 19,364 and 19,366

These are for 5/16" ( 8 mm) fuel line.
@73FJ40 while you were rebuilding your fuel system and frame lines, did you come across any brackets and clamps for the hard lines that attach to frame rail? What appears to be a simple part is challenging to locate. Specifically looking for #90462-10222 or anything in zinc, stainless steel, yellow zinc or painted that will work.
C2C20054-CCE2-49F5-B837-1C7EC61A8C73.jpeg

7CF0EB60-C426-4B5E-B82C-355AB5D7DBB3.jpeg

@Ackcruisers

My '73 has only one fuel line from the tank to the fuel filter. I found the fuel line clamp, pictured below, was a perfect fit for 8mm (5/16") tubing. I'm thinking you could use two of these at the attachment point, one for each line. $4.19 list, appear to still be available at your local dealer.
fuel line clamp 1.jpg
fuel line clamp 2.jpg

Thanks. This is very helpful. After some additional research, my carb (not OEM) does not have the fuel return so the single clamp will work. Hope you’re getting closer to getting your truck on the road.

Wondering if anyone has a good solution/resource for the double fuel line holders with rubber insulator that run back along frame rail? Also those brake line holders are nice cause of the little step in them, I know generic ones are available at Stop Shop and other places.....
20221110_091224[1].jpg

Here are two different brake line clamps that I've used. Both appear to be still available.

Clamp - Toyota (90461-06112) OEM list $2.07​

This looks like it matches your example.

1668101371071.jpeg

Clamp - Toyota (96221-30905) OEM List: $3.45​

brake clamp 2.jpg

thanks, will order those up... Now I just have to hunt or fabricate the double fuel line clamps! They are discontinued unfortunately

Wondering if anyone has a good solution/resource for the double fuel line holders with rubber insulator that run back along frame rail? Also those brake line holders are nice cause of the little step in them, I know generic ones are available at Stop Shop and other places.....View attachment 3164090
double clamp I found is 47372-60020

Nice!, for '91-'97 double brake line.....but quite possible that could be modified.....
Sorry, I saw the picture and didn't connect what I read to fuel line. Yes, they are double brake lines.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom