Changing the 2F Side Cover - but what else? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Grommet part number for 2F is indeed 90480-18180 and PCV Valve is 12204-61010

When I replaced the grommet, it disintegrated in my hands - the rubber was toast, brittle and frail

And yes, I did remove the Tee. Not sure why it was installed in the first place - maybe faulty PCV value in the past.

Picture of the parts & numbers I used below:

View attachment 2652813
Link dsnt work :(

Parts and part numbers.

C3FA10C6-5D50-4025-89BE-20FF77BAD3F1.jpeg

Side cover reinstalled.

Took the time to thoroughly degrease (holy cow, what a ton of gunk, it was leaking for years)

The old cork gasket was a mess. Brittle and hard, like the cartiledge in my knees!

Not very much of a sealant.

Makes me wonder what the service life and service interval is on these.

Primed and painted w high heat satin black.

Now one of the nicest parts of the motor, except of course for my 135 smooth hrsprs and 210 ft lbs of juicy torque.

Thanks to all for your help!

C035DC5B-19A0-439F-9F4A-37683A21BFF5.jpeg

Plz add a pic after replacing the hoses :)

Removed side panel fairly easily but found some brown crud had collected in one of these (collection area)? Yuck. Now to paint and apply copper permatex spray on cork gasket. New hardware too.

E3142778-8CE1-42CA-A764-0C67C75E515B.jpeg

the milkshake stuff sure looks like water has mixed with the oil.
the lifter/pushrod to the right in your pic, the oil doesn't look like oil

have you drained the pan? what did it look like?

That emulsified oil / water is caused by blow-by condensing in the baffle of the sidecover or internals of the PCV valve. I have that on my motor in the winter. Just not so much. Rings might need replacing. I've considered placing some exhaust insulation over the PCV so it isn't so cold.

Ditching the po's T on the line going to the intake might purge more water vapor from this area on the engine.

If the engine is run at highway speeds for an hour occasionally, any water that gets in the oil will boil off.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom