What have you done to your Land Cruiser this week? (49 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

A lot of the early light housings are grounded by the bolts the hold the housing to the frame or body. On my 75, I added ground wires to my rear housings with rivets or screws and grounded them to the frame or ground wires.
Ok, good call.

08B2D37D-255B-44D9-B877-87C52E1AD779.jpeg

Still trying to figure out my rear brake light problem. This part of the wiring harness is rear passenger just in front of rear bumper. Anyone know what this is supposed to go to?

8F79E9B6-B6D3-4031-B5A5-AD1F13319A45.jpeg

Still trying to figure out my rear brake light problem. This part of the wiring harness is rear passenger just in front of rear bumper. Anyone know what this is supposed to go to?

View attachment 3166439
Go to Coolermans website and you will find schematics for your year truck.

I kow it can't possibly be but that looks like the block I used to live on. What a gut wrench.

What are you doing for a new diaphragm?
5th and Pine area.

I used a rebuild kit from Cruiser Cult. That pump is actually going in someone else's cruiser.

Broke the 40 out of of the garage where it'd been parked for a month or two. Fired up great so I zipped around doing errands and blowing out the cobwebs. Stopped at an auto parts store for some brake cleaner and then suddenly I couldn't keep it running. A little fiddling and I got it to idle at about 400rpm. If I even thought about giving it throttle it would die, Choking did the same. I walked back in and asked for a fuel filter for a '78 to which they laughed. Grabbed a generic 5/16" filter and put it on. That brought the idle back up to 650 but it still would die if I gave it any fuel. A Redneck Rebuild got everything back to normal. And I drove around for another hour without issue. Just as I pulled into our driveway it sputtered, coughed, and died. I had to drain and dispose of 12+ gallons of gas to fix the issue.

Moral of Story: Use a fuel preservative even for short storage periods...or buy better gas than I do.

Under the category of ‘why did I wait so long?’…

After cleaning up the 45 from the front suspension upgrade last week, I decided that I didn’t like how crusty/old the DoetchTech shocks that I got from Downey ~15years ago were looking, so I pulled them off with the intention of a quick scuff-and-rattle can respray only to find that two of the four shocks were dead!😛🤦🏻

As fate would have it, the guy I bought the 1966 from two months ago that I am currently parting out handed me a brand new set of DoetchTech shocks that HE had bought from Downey about 20 years ago but never installed. So I made a weekend run down to my favorite parts store, Mark’s Off Road, and scooped up some new shocks at the good-guy price. :grinpimp: They were even the same length.😉

So, I ran a quick search query on here and didn’t see anything on the forum about shock lifespan. To all reading: if you wheel your rigs and your shocks are over five years old, don’t be like me: check them.

If you found this post useful, feel free to hit the like button.

And @woody I would have loaded a pic, but the file was/is 6MB and when I tried to downsize it, yet again I was foiled by the algorithm that insists on rotating the pic.😛

Last edited:
Busy weekend. Scored some new fenders. Would think all the holes are there and in the right place. Not even close. Made a mistake on one and did some extra welding. Came out well. Both sides were missing stuff for the emissions equipment. Also started painting the frame. 4” cabinet rollers are the bomb. They allow you to get in everywhere, they lay the paint down thick and without drips.
9D9366FD-91E3-463F-94F4-8526CB810A25.jpeg
24FC139B-A18B-450A-A856-65115CFC6512.jpeg
E8C894A6-87A5-49DE-863F-391175C02F84.jpeg
C6435D19-0EAC-44D5-A147-87335991A075.jpeg
06B2210D-0156-4BDC-B584-7C40E6C3076D.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom