Builds Fj40 re-rebuild! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I scrapped the old bed liner and wire wheeled the tub. Also welded up about 50 holes. Obviously there are still some but I was pretty fed up. Then sprayed in new raptor liner. Sand blasted the cage and used about 8 cans of steel-it.

Started work on the tail gate today

C9D83785-8C36-46C7-A2A7-D8D732FDB0FA.jpeg

Awesome build! What rear seat were you running back in post 121? Looks like it would be a really good setup for kids and scared mother in laws.

View attachment 3156416
It’s the rear seat out of a 2 door JK. Has car seat clips and everything. That was the reason I got it. You can find them on market place for a could hundred bucks and teraflex makes a kit to ad them to a 4door jk as a third row but I was going to adapt it to my 40.

I like that you added the cut out to keep a stock look.
Those tires stick out unexpectedly a lot for 60 series axles.
How wide are the axles 58"? What size wheels & offset are you running? Any spacers?

The front is an fj60 housing that I widened the short end 3” using an extension from Dave gore. The rear is an fzj80 full float.

Wheels are17x9 -38 offset.

They stick a lot. I’m anticipating some strength issues for sure. I’m thinking about stepping back down to 37s eventually

NICE! SUPER NICE.:cool::steer:
So the front is 58+3=61"
Then the rear is 63"
I have wanted to get back into a stretched 40 again... my kids are almost out of the nest so this could maybe happen if things get better.
38" tires are the new 37" Trail Grapper now comes in the 38" flavor. Just Sayin...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom