For Sale Dallas, TX - 1997 JDM HDJ81 VX Limited (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Hi I have a 1997 HDJ81 JDM Land Cruiser VX Limited for sale. I imported the vehicle myself and currently have a clean title for it in hand.

103xxx miles
Has a slight lift
Aftermarket Radio/speakers
Aftermarket Exhaust
Timing belt serviced at 93xxxKms
Clean TX Title
Could use new tires
Brakes are good
Some minor scratches around and a slight dent in rear
No mechanical issues

Price is $33,500
Please email me at vsjabbal@yahoo.com and I will share my contact details for serious buyers
Not looking for trades at this time

Thank you !
20221110_132741.jpeg

20221110_131248.jpeg
20221110_131837.jpeg
20221110_131846.jpeg
20221110_131712.jpeg

20221110_132741.jpeg

Gorgeous JDM on BaT today was only bid to $24k. 68k miles . Sorry man. Prices are cratering.
@akgerman mind sharing a link? All I'm seeing are very reasonable prices upto $28500 for newer ones and no 97s so far

@akgerman mind sharing a link? All I'm seeing are very reasonable prices upto $28500 for newer ones and no 97s so far
This was mine too, the new owner sold it for more than he paid me. Cosmetic work was done to clean it up of course

This was mine too, the new owner sold it for more than he paid me. Cosmetic work was done to clean it up of course
Wow, seems like a great price. Any reason a clean, low-mileage 80 went for that low other than the cooling market? Wish I would have seen that listing or else I would have considered bidding.

Hi @Crashkit, not sure why everyone is insisting the prices have cooled off? What does that even mean?

Firstly, the moonglow pearl truck (HDJ810063980) went up $6750 in 1 year. Yes, with the work done to it....a bit on the lower end but that was the seller's choice to let it go. There was nothing wrong with the truck to my knowledge and I have been in touch with the seller/owner since I sold it to him.

Second, this year importation cost has gone up due to the Russia-Ukraine conflict. Ports in Japan are flooded because exportation to Russia (which is the largest importer for used cars from Japan) has seized.

Due to this and high demand on cleaner 80s of later years causing competitive bidding in Japanese auctions, the cost of bringing one in is significantly higher than before.

Lol. Equating cost to prices isn’t very economically sound. The market bears what it bears. If it costs more to import. Then it does. Doesn’t mean buyers will pay it or pay more for the cruiser.

Lol. Equating cost to prices isn’t very economically sound. The market bears what it bears. If it costs more to import. Then it does. Doesn’t mean buyers will pay it or pay more for the cruiser.
Not here to discuss Economics. Not sure how else to equate cost without supply/demand and political factors. Point was that just saying prices are going down doesn't mean that they are, you can speak for yourself and thats perfectly fine. The right buyer here would be someone looking to buy one just like this cruiser and try to import it themself and realize this is a better deal minus the headache.

@vsjabbal , what's flooding the ports in Japan? Used cars? Because those used cars couldn't be exported to Russia? Wouldn't Japan losing the Russian used car market mean lower export costs? Presumably, exporters would want to move the inventory along and un-flood the ports. Just wondering.

@vsjabbal , what's flooding the ports in Japan? Used cars? Because those used cars couldn't be exported to Russia? Wouldn't Japan losing the Russian used car market mean lower export costs? Presumably, exporters would want to move the inventory along and un-flood the ports. Just wondering.
***Exportation of new cars has seized, sanctions are in place for for foreign manufactures to not manufacture new cars in Russia. This increased prices for used cars especially reliable Diesel models as there is an exception for vehicles below ~$43K value to be exported from Japan to Russia. This in combination with new cars stuck at port from back orders is reflecting in increased prices.....Japanese car market is finding opportunities to monetize rather than sell at a loss

That being said. That HE 200 today went for $114k. Really hit or miss. Get a down day and they don’t sell. I’ve been following forever. I don’t understand why the JDM’s aren’t so coveted. It’s that RHD and to me, the unknown on the undercarriage (Japan of course is surrounded by ocean) Otherwise they’re all low mile and great HD diesel turbo’s!

Turned the offer down at $22000. Anyone interested in taking this or I might have to store it for a few years

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom