What have you done to your 100 Series this week? (86 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

My skid plate arrived today with what either looks like anthrax on it or holy mold. It was wrapped in sealed plastic so no idea what happened.

View attachment 3162982
It looks almost like it got hot somewhere along the way and the plastic (bubble wrap?) stuck to it. I'm sure it's fine, but if it didn't come off I'd hit asfir up and let em know. I know it's a) just a skid plate, and b) around the world shipping and all, but I'd either want a lil discount for the trouble of belt sanding that off so it's not so weird looking, or a new one sent. Probably talk to em first and see what they recommend.

It looks almost like it got hot somewhere along the way and the plastic (bubble wrap?) stuck to it. I'm sure it's fine, but if it didn't come off I'd hit asfir up and let em know. I know it's a) just a skid plate, and b) around the world shipping and all, but I'd either want a lil discount for the trouble of belt sanding that off so it's not so weird looking, or a new one sent. Probably talk to em first and see what they recommend.
Pattern looks to me more like it sat in a puddle of something that reacted with the aluminum, I am guessing the whitish coloring is oxide.

This is happening now. It’s a little tough doing it without help, but that’s how I like to work most of the time.

6998D005-2331-4FEB-8C64-20D2F6979BA8.jpeg

What lights are you running on top of the Ironman?
think they are 9" Xbrites or something like that, ARB knockoffs from Amazon, good lights though. I think they were like 100 bux and i haven't had an issue out of them in 5 years

At Lexus of Greenville for an airbag control module recall. This is my first Lexus, but this lobby is plush! Luxury furniture, a self-service office area, and a nice coffee bar with a full-time barista. No wonder they mark up the parts 40-50% over ordering online from Toyota! They probably have to just to upkeep the customer waiting lobby.

At Lexus of Greenville for an airbag control module recall. This is my first Lexus, but this lobby is plush! Luxury furniture, a self-service office area, and a nice coffee bar with a full-time barista. No wonder they mark up the parts 40-50% over ordering online from Toyota! They probably have to just to upkeep the customer waiting lobby.
Yeah - no surprise who is paying for it ;)

I’m going to try polishing it later today to see if it helps. Initially I thought somehow the plastic melted onto it from heat(?) or something but it’s not coming off at all with my nails.

I’m going to try polishing it later today to see if it helps. Initially I thought somehow the plastic melted onto it from heat(?) or something but it’s not coming off at all with my nails.
give it a wipe with some paper towel and white vinegar

My skid plate arrived today with what either looks like anthrax on it or holy mold. It was wrapped in sealed plastic so no idea what happened.

View attachment 3162982

That's odd. Mine arrived in perfect condition. Maybe try some metal polish and see if it comes out clean. Regardless, it will get dirty down undah, and it's a good value skid plate. :cheers:

We finally got our skid plates in. They did take a very long time to get in because of DHL, not because of ASFIR. We could not get to them for a while, probably a week or a week and a half, but we finally got them installed this morning. It was a great birthday present that my boys would help me, and I could not have done it without them! I will feel much better going down trails now. The plates themselves seemed very heavy duty and the fit was about perfect. I would rate these as easy to install. They use the existing mounting bolt holes. There was some hardware that was missing, but we had stuff laying around that worked just fine. I over torqued the insert in the rear and popped the threads out of the aluminum block. It is well attached from the other mounting points though so I am not going to worry about it.

10CB9856-B072-44D1-90A8-7BFCEB07EFB4.jpeg

401194F4-5C23-4B65-87E0-C2CE9297403D.jpeg

2003 LC Cabin temperature not rising. So added coolant and burped radiator; however, the cabin temp doesn't rise to the Max Hot level like my 2001. Used the search engine and I guess I'm not using the right words so nothing shows up. I'm not getting any DTC codes either.
Any words of wisdom?? Thanks! It's being below freezing all week here in MT so this has become a priority!

Tried installing the fuel tank last night and I could not get the bolt in through the strap. Going to try again tonight with a 70mm bolt and see if I can get the straps to form up a bit. I’ve run new nicop brake lines from the front as well as fuel lines. Also been cleaning up the chassis and axle, one side shows sorta what the other looked like before cleaning it up. Still need to do the same down the passengers sid along the muffler.

D5E96651-DF88-43A4-A74A-0EDD84267FB2.jpeg

1DDA51E2-23AB-42E6-AC2D-0FB51F6B1633.jpeg

C2B1B3A1-78B6-4668-9C3D-533DADB7D7AF.jpeg

99996478-5B71-48E4-8A57-0D48BE232D6E.jpeg

BBF2289B-0BCB-474D-84E6-D56314F8C9A6.jpeg

90997FD9-3563-44D8-99B0-8BA8B68AC6C0.jpeg

75FA0E57-B805-4443-817C-66134B055480.jpeg

0E47193B-9403-40A5-8E06-2FCB34638FB8.jpeg

2003 LC Cabin temperature not rising. So added coolant and burped radiator; however, the cabin temp doesn't rise to the Max Hot level like my 2001. Used the search engine and I guess I'm not using the right words so nothing shows up. I'm not getting any DTC codes either.
Any words of wisdom?? Thanks! It's being below freezing all week here in MT so this has become a priority!
Make sure the second row mat isn’t blocking the the air vents. The vents on the floor produce the heat so if they are blocked it would be cold.

Others on IH8MUD have reported dramatically improved heating by flushing the heater cores with chemicals…

Have not had need to do this myself, and at the time I cannot find a relevant thread to send to you, but the search engine is your friend

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom