Snow and Ice Performance/VSC Disable (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

If it were me, I would insert the switch between J20 and the Skid ECU. You can test by grounding with a probe first.
Based on this the "Center Diff Lock ECU" is actually in the 4WD ECU under the glovebox. The wires go there. I will hunt and see if I can find the J20

I got it! For an 03/04 you just splice into the Green White wire on the 4WD ECU on the back of the lower glove box panel. The wire is on the bottom left, look for violet wire, then a blank to the right, then the target green/white wire. Splice in to a switch and if you short it...VSC shuts off and on with no other errors. It does seem to think the CDL is locking when you start it up like that...but click click and it is fine. Considering I know exactly when I want no VSC, this works for me. I put the switch in the glovebox. Now I have to go out and drive it with the various states and see what it does.

Drove it. CDL still locks per normal. No other issues aside from if the VSC is disabled on start it will flash CDL pending until you rock the switch on and off again. No other issues, and VSC is for sure off. ATRAC for sure still works. I did a wheel stand in a traffic circle and had ATRAC firing off to keep me going with no loss of power with one tire in the air haha

Sorry to bump this, but we just got snow and I'm curious if any of this was 100% successful. I found a few videos online where people pulled the plug from the brake master cylinder to disable the 'nannie's. While it did disable things, I noticed that while i was mid spin in a donut in the snow it would completely cut power until I came to a complete stop. If this other wiring trick cuts the 'nannies' AND doesn't ever cut power, that would be awesome. But if it's the same thing, then I probably won't bother. Can anyone confirm or deny this? Thank in advance.

Sorry to bump this, but we just got snow and I'm curious if any of this was 100% successful. I found a few videos online where people pulled the plug from the brake master cylinder to disable the 'nannie's. While it did disable things, I noticed that while i was mid spin in a donut in the snow it would completely cut power until I came to a complete stop. If this other wiring trick cuts the 'nannies' AND doesn't ever cut power, that would be awesome. But if it's the same thing, then I probably won't bother. Can anyone confirm or deny this? Thank in advance.
Mine was in my 03 as described above.

@CO_Hunter my 07 470 pin 7 is a different color wire. The green/white wire on your pin 7 is pin 8 (I think) on my connector. Should I tap into pin 7 or follow the green/white wire?

IMG_5478.jpeg

Double check the connector is the correct one then double check the connector number is correct. Which part of the connector you are looking at dictates the correct numbering pattern. Said another way, if you looked at both ends next to each other the pin numbering would be opposite. Another thing you can do is pull the pin you think is the correct one and see if that turns everything off, see what I wrote above about that. Without an EWD for you 2007 I cannot say for sure.

Anyone have an EWD for an 07. I pulled the same connector as CO_HUNTER but the green/white wire is not in pin 7 but pin 8. Not sure if I should be tapping into pin 7 or pin 8

@GXO may have one, send him a PM.

I know it is a pain but pulling the pin from the connector and testing is a way to confirm.

very cool modification. I too was frustrated with the engine limiting output and not let me rock the car, spin the tires in some snow. Being a little shy about cutting into my factory harness, i was able to find the 18 pin plug part number then found male and female plugs (with or without wires) on aliexpress. The vendor even made me an extension harness. So I spliced into that! Seems to work just as you all describe. dont worry, i taped up all connections you see before tucking it away.

here's how it was listed 1 Set 18P 7282-5833 7283-5833 90980-11912 Car Automatic Wiper Switch Wiring Terminal Socket For Auto Toyota Crown
vendor: Cargry Store
PXL_20230918_190343264.png
PXL_20230918_200047638.png
PXL_20230918_200051919.png
PXL_20230918_201044384.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom