90 Series Prado, where the heck do I get parts lads! (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Not sure if you guys know but TOYO DIY has a great part finding tool. Just look up your JDM OEM part number from the IPC at Partsouq or elsewhere and plug it in to the cross referance tool on DIY and it gives you a list of the domestic Toyo's that use the same part number. I've used this for years and it's awesome.

Cheers .. K

Good link, but same result for our poster...

46504PLATE SUB-ASSY, PARKING BRAKE, LH
46504-600501$516.95

Amayama has it listed for $258 + $40 s/h...

It is a shared part with the 70 series, so that might broaden your options a little.

So far, I've found that 90% of the parts I need are shared with 4Runners, Tacomas, 80 series LCs, etc. and those parts are typically reasonably priced and easy to get. But every once in a while I'll happen across a part (EG the radiator I needed) that are 90-series specific. Those are quite dear.

I will definitely try that cross ref on TOYODIY, today in fact.

To try to add to this thread there is a Prado-specific salvage operation in Sharjah (UAE). It is small but they have stuff for my 98. Here is a map reference.

Industrial Area 8
Industrial Area - Sharjah - United Arab Emirates
25.303498, 55.392923

You can PM me for a whatsapp contact. But I am prettty sure they don't ship. I've never seen them do that.

Does anyone else like the idea of throwing in on a shipping container together for all of our hard-to-find JDM needs? I'm in the worst possible scenario of needing a front bumper and I'm striking out on shipping the damn thing from everyone. :(

Does anyone else like the idea of throwing in on a shipping container together for all of our hard-to-find JDM needs? I'm in the worst possible scenario of needing a front bumper and I'm striking out on shipping the damn thing from everyone. :(
Did you look into an ARB or other aftermarket?

Have a look at Coastal Offroad. They are producing 90 series armor now. Bumpers and rock sliders etc that can be supplied in shipping friendly DIY kits or complete.
Mine is awesome ... fits like a glove. Sliders next!

Cheers

Have a look at Coastal Offroad. They are producing 90 series armor now. Bumpers and rock sliders etc that can be supplied in shipping friendly DIY kits or complete.

Cheers
Oh that’s great news- I need sliders.

Cheers
Your Prado looks great with it, I will have to wrangle with Hagerty on that as a "viable alternative" because they want it to "be repaired to as close as it was before as possible." The shipping charges have been so outrageous. $2,700 from the UK, $3,200 from Japan. All other places, like spareto.com, a vendor on ebay, and a Yaharu auction broker I met won't ship bumpers. I am going to shop around and find someone willing to fix the bumper. None of the mounting points are broken, but the (rusted) bull bar being pushed back made some holes as well as a football-sized dent. The only other thing I was considering is flying to London and buying one from a place called Partbusters, that has a new one in stock for only 220 Pounds, and I found a British Air ticket for $750 and fly it back with me. Crazy as that sounds I may as well get a vacation out of it haha

Your Prado looks great with it, I will have to wrangle with Hagerty on that as a "viable alternative" because they want it to "be repaired to as close as it was before as possible." The shipping charges have been so outrageous. $2,700 from the UK, $3,200 from Japan. All other places, like spareto.com, a vendor on ebay, and a Yaharu auction broker I met won't ship bumpers. I am going to shop around and find someone willing to fix the bumper. None of the mounting points are broken, but the (rusted) bull bar being pushed back made some holes as well as a football-sized dent. The only other thing I was considering is flying to London and buying one from a place called Partbusters, that has a new one in stock for only 220 Pounds, and I found a British Air ticket for $750 and fly it back with me. Crazy as that sounds I may as well get a vacation out of it haha
There is a global shortage of containers and that is compounded by lower-than-typical shipping levels. What was a $2400 certified seaworthy container in Dec 2019 is now a $8000 line item. _Then_ finding a space on a boat is even harder. _Then_ the lack of resources to unload the container and _then_ the price of Diesel and lack of drivers are all big roundhouse kicks to the teeth.

So you are needing a stock bumper?

I can sell you this one mate but we are pretty far apart so not sure what shipping would be? What year is your Prado? Mine is a 2000 and has fog lights.

20210710_100622.jpg

@billblyca ; Lets say I'm looking for new shocks and springs for a unit like this, maybe I would want to give it a bit of lift so I could put bigger tires on; what are your thoughts on that?
There's a 40mm lift for the 3rd gen 4Runner by OME that uses the same P/N coils, struts and shocks as the Prado requires. I used this setup on my 96 KZJ95 and on my 02 RZJ95. OME P/N's are... fnt struts 90004, fnt coil 2881, rear coil 2890, rear shock 60027. Look at the application chart on ARB.AU for your particular Prado. They recommend a different front coil depending on the engine. These were all available on Amazon last I looked.
An alternative that has worked great on my latest KZJ95 is the poor mans lift using Bilstein 5100 shocks for the front 40mm lift and same shocks for the rear but using a coil spacer to lift the back. I like the fact it uses the same factory coils and doesn't stiffen the highway ride. These are the shock P/N's ... fnt 24-248730 rear 24-249966

Cheers

Thank you all for the great information provided.

My wifes cousin bought one of these Prado's. She uses it to deliver mail. When she first got it, I got looking at it and noticed it has the same drivetrain as the 3rd gen 4runner. When it needed an alternator, I removed it, took it to the parts store and said it was a 99 4runner. It would out perfect. Same thing on the front pads. Right now, I am doing the rears plus a caliper. I was quite puzzled at first as the 3rd gen 4runners didn't come with rear disk. I found out the caliper is the same as the big land cruiser. I was scared that I was needing to order rotors from over seas. I do have some other questions on these things. The front tires are worn very bad on the inside edge. I'm having her take it to get an alignment once I'm done. Guessing that it will need some front end parts. Any ideas what these would be? 3rd gen 4runner? 4th gen 4runner? Also, she have had issues with the truck loosing power. I have an old Celica Supra that did that and it was the fuel pump. Any ideas on the what would match it?

3rd gen runner yes.
The first thing I did to the truck (Spring 2020) was the infamous lower Ball Joints - I did not get those off the market - Toyota OEM only - About a year later I did the inner tie rod on (my) driver's side. It was an exact match to the 3rd gen runner.

There is an EPC for the Prado previously listed in the thread, you can get the Toyota PN and then dump that number into Rock Auto for a cross.

Yes, the link is SUPRA helpful. I have written all the Toyota part numbers down to make things easier. I should keep a notebook for this thing just in case I forget.

Picked up a 2000 Land Cruiser Prado J90 - VZJ95W and I want to get brake pads and rotors, thing is, I can't find a good enough spot to get parts at the best price. USDM doesn't have this model but the UK and AU do, wondering where I can find the best parts, decent price and are able to ship to the GREAT WHITE NORTH. Thoughts anyone?
You can get OEM part numbers from Toyodiy.com
Amayama.com has most everything except glass but with the OEM part numbers you might find parts at the Toyota dealership near your home. I’ve had a terrible time finding parts at discount chains because, as you stated, their computers don’t list this make and model.
I have purchased pads and rotors for my 96 as well as belts. The only thing I’ve gotten from a dealership so far was a caliper bracket bolt and rear glass that I’d shattered.

Look back in the thread - There is the 90series EPC (Electronic parts catalogue) linked

Then dump those part numbers into Google or Rock Auto for options. So far I have been quite lucky with that route.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom