Edit: FOUND (Alberta) 1HD-T bits for 1HZ conversion (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

JDM Journeys

Threads
I've missed a few recently by the looks of it, and I'm probably more likely to find unicorn tail hairs, but...

I'm on the hunt for some 1HD-t bits to mildly boost my 1HZ. I already have an OEM 1990 CT26 turbo, but am still looking for the following:
-turbo manifolds
-intake charge pipe (the horizontal one that says turbo)
-air cleaner lid
-flexible pipes for associated pieces above

Clearly I am no expert on what I need, and likely am calling parts by the wrong name, so forgive my naïveté . 😵‍💫 Must be wiling to ship to AB too, since my unicorn refuses to carry parts on his back. 🦄

Partsouq has everything you need.

You can reuse your existing crossover pipe with some silicone elbows and aluminum tube. Air cleaner can also be reused/modded to work as well with minimal effort and more silicone hose and some tubing. I reused everything when I turboed my HZ. I can send you some pictures if needed.

Also, you will want to replace the HAC on the pump with a boost compensator to be able to dial the fuel in properly to achieve safe engine temps. I think I have a spare running around, but I think you can order one from @Akella as well (where I sourced mine).

You can reuse your existing crossover pipe with some silicone elbows and aluminum tube. Air cleaner can also be reused/modded to work as well with minimal effort and more silicone hose and some tubing. I reused everything when I turboed my HZ. I can send you some pictures if needed.

Also, you will want to replace the HAC on the pump with a boost compensator to be able to dial the fuel in properly to achieve safe engine temps. I think I have a spare running around, but I think you can order one from @Akella as well (where I sourced mine).
Pics would be so good sir! Much obliged!

I'll try to get some in the morning before I take off for a trip. If I don't get it done, I'll be back on the 1st of November and can do it then. I'll pm you my email so you can remind me! 😜

I have a cross over pipe from a 1hdt i wont be using when i install my turbo. I'm putting a top mount IC on my 1hz instead.

IMG_20220821_203636[1].jpg

COVID knocked me out. I still owe you pictures!

COVID knocked me out. I still owe you pictures!
Oh no! Sorry bud. Hope it didn't impact your tournament. Would still love to see the setup when you get a chance

Meanwhile, thanks to all who have responded. I think I've got everything I need now, either on hand or on the way.

Quick summary...
-oem ct26 turbo, some of the hoses, and exhaust flange via marketplace.
-charge pipe, new airbox lid, short couple hose, studs and nuts brand new via partsouq.
-manifold adapter+fasteners, and oil feed/return lines via Simpson offroad in Aus (great bloke!)

There may be something I've forgotten, not counting a boost gauge, but it appears I've got almost everything?

Plan is to give it a go over Christmas holidays...

Cheers all!
IMG_20221107_145832_515.jpg

Nope! I think I was exposed on the flight back so the tournament was a success.

Here are some pics of my setup. You would be able to save some of the silicone with that air cleaner so you may not need as much extra piping. When I do the refurbish on my truck, I will remove the bendy hose on the clean side of the air cleaner with silicone and metal tubing, but this working for now and is sealing nicely.

PXL_20221113_205752053.jpg

PXL_20221113_205727556.jpg

PXL_20221113_205712382.jpg

PXL_20221113_205655730.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom