60 series....Tech and Classifieds (5 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Where are the pics?
Are you in Idaho? Not really worth shipping. I posted 4 pics above. Local deal. I
Did not take a bunch of photos but it’s a mostly complete rust bucket.

Finished off @WharfRat ’s lift finally with some 4* caster shims from Georg.

Also he sent us some reman loaded calipers for a brake upgrade

Smokey is ready to ride again

92DA9703-0BDC-46F9-B204-0CF7191CDCA1.jpeg

87 FJ 60 with a H55, mostly original and 98% rust free. This is my truck. It is on the coast.

Just in case you want to help find the ceiling for the 62 market. Definitely has been sprayed underneath to cover up its NE history.

All they need to do is prove they drove it through the shop at TLC in NC, and apparently, that will up the price a minimum of $50k

Only if it has the supporting oil change sticker and they pay for the Deluxe Picture Package. 😁

100 large and it doesn't even come with cat converters.

Nice stickers, though.

for the nice people out on the forum :)

are there any options on running a GM steering gear on a FJ60 ? Not talking about chopping the frame or anything.

Once again I have a steering gear that looks like someone dipped it in p/s fluid (not leaking at the hoses or the hose fittings). This is about the 3rd or so interaction with the steering gear since I've owned my truck (1986 FJ60).

I though I read somewhere ....that one of the 80 series steering gears will swap out on the FJ60. I don't know if thats an improvement in quality or worth doing in general.

Short answer....tired of screwing with the steering, want to fix it and be done. I run a PSC p/s pump on my 5.7 vortec and have a cooler and remote resivor....p/s works fine, even now....but the gear is sold covered in fluid...(pisser). I don't drive my truck much at all and don't abuse it...., does have 35 inch tires.

Am I doomed to replace the steering gear every 3-5 years... Just want to get the &^%$ fixed... I though I was getting close to cover major issues and this thing shows up as a problem. Present steering gear is a used one (re-bult...and I forgot where I bought it, but power wise its been fine and still is fine....except for the leaking)

for the nice people out on the forum :)

are there any options on running a GM steering gear on a FJ60 ? Not talking about chopping the frame or anything.

Once again I have a steering gear that looks like someone dipped it in p/s fluid (not leaking at the hoses or the hose fittings). This is about the 3rd or so interaction with the steering gear since I've owned my truck (1986 FJ60).

I though I read somewhere ....that one of the 80 series steering gears will swap out on the FJ60. I don't know if thats an improvement in quality or worth doing in general.

Short answer....tired of screwing with the steering, want to fix it and be done. I run a PSC p/s pump on my 5.7 vortec and have a cooler and remote resivor....p/s works fine, even now....but the gear is sold covered in fluid...(pisser). I don't drive my truck much at all and don't abuse it...., does have 35 inch tires.

Am I doomed to replace the steering gear every 3-5 years... Just want to get the &^%$ fixed... I though I was getting close to cover major issues and this thing shows up as a problem. Present steering gear is a used one (re-bult...and I forgot where I bought it, but power wise its been fine and still is fine....except for the leaking)

An 80 series power steering box is a direct swap onto an '86 FJ60 frame. The 80 series boxes seem to be less prone to leaks and are actually rebuildable unlike the 60 series boxes which can only be resealed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom