Slee vs ARB Front Bumper (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I have been looking at bumpers for a while.. and for me it is Winch Access to the drum which is going to decided which one...

Most bumpers hide the winch, which is a terrible idea if you actually use it... you need to get to the rope.

If you never use a which go for whatever you think looks and will do the job intended best.

Anyway of those 2 I would probably choose ARB.. there are thousands of them in use, they work well, See does make some really nice stuff though.
so either would be a good choice

Ranch hand in Wyoming would pick ARB…. Says that if you hit a big deer or elk going ”pretty fast” there will be significant damage….no matter what kind of front bumper you have….says you have a “better chance of driving home” the ARB. Says he likes to drive home and it’s a pita to be waiting for a tow or some friend to come and collect you.

You'll get opinions all over the place as this thread shows. Advantages and disadvantages to both. ARB sticks out much farther (Slee slimmer profile), ARB crash tested/airbag approved (Slee not), integrated recovery points with Slee (not with ARB, they retain factory ones), hi-lift jack points on ARB (not on Slee), no camera relocate needed on Slee (suggested on ARB), control box relocation kit option on Slee (none on ARB), etc. Get what you like best.
Slee Bumper has Hi-Lift provisions, unless they have changed that since I originally designed it.

I have been looking at bumpers for a while.. and for me it is Winch Access to the drum which is going to decided which one...

Most bumpers hide the winch, which is a terrible idea if you actually use it... you need to get to the rope.

If you never use a which go for whatever you think looks and will do the job intended best.

Anyway of those 2 I would probably choose ARB.. there are thousands of them in use, they work well, See does make some really nice stuff though.
so either would be a good choice

Just an fyi if you haven’t seen it up close. There is far more winch access with the Slee bumper than with any 200 series Arb I’ve seen. You can gain nearly full arm wrap around access by removing the stinger (about 2min)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom