CruiserCult 40 Series Product offerings (5 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Knobs are currently in finishing school! :) Bringing the collaboration with @EmanC to the finish line. Some polishing, paint infill and clear coat to go! :D there will be two styles with three designs. Early and later knobs styles with either a fog, locker or no icon designs. The no icon knobs are blank so an end user can apply the decal of their choice (think @63FST decals).
Dusty knobs from all the thread tapping. o_O
BC9CA356-B765-45BE-AB19-BFAA9FE43B30.jpeg

Actually a question to potential buyers of the fog knobs! Would you prefer a yellow paint infill or white like the rest of the stock switches?

65518818-818D-492D-AA6D-4511D3EB0F5A.jpeg
494509C4-069E-4F8C-A081-4ECB2DE1457C.jpeg
194A9073-D6B0-4BCC-A359-364D574D6C82.jpeg
E9BE0E77-424F-402C-AE54-A45266C7B877.jpeg

Big thanks to @EmanC for the work with designing and printing these.

We hand finished them one by one. Sanded threaded, paint filled the labeling, sanded again and coated in a UV blocking clear coat. If you don’t see what you need, snag a blank and message @63FST for the right decal.

Excited to have these available for people.

Last edited:
Two more of these beauties just rolled it! Fitting for early 40s without the external resistors . Snag them here if you need one!
DSC03383.JPG

Cruiser Cult Labor Day Sale

Active through 9/6, 15% off your entire order. Use the link below or type in the code LABOR for the discount at checkout.

Enjoy the fruits of your labor by treating your labor of love right.

Have a great weekend everyone!

Details:
- Available on online sales channels
- 15% off entire order
- No minimum purchase requirement
- All customers
- One use per customer
- Can’t combine with other discounts
- Active from today until Sep 6

Uploaded some very cool magazine articles from 1979 on the website! :)
IMG_0639.jpg

While you are reading you should play that jazz record that @CruiserTrash found (at the bottom of the page) :grinpimp:

Got in a restock of the early FJ40 fuel pump rebuild kits! Keep that fuel moving! :D

You guys ever come up with a solution for the early type horn contact?
Sorry yeah we need to finish that project. We most likely found a suitable pin replacement. Last part was to figure out the best way to attach the spring that holds the pin to the plate.

Some cool 1950s literature up in the FSM section of the website today. :) Big thanks to @OGBeno HERE
61952 BJ radio.jpg

The radio version is so cool. You would be the king of the trail team with your radio range. :D

We have all heard of a HJ45 and a HJ47… but have you ever heard of a HJ40? I certainly hadn’t until I saw this repair manual that our friend @OGBeno sent to us. Dated from March 1971, its at the beginning of when the first H series cruisers were offered. Look at the front of the truck, very interesting design changes. No more classic bib, instead it comes with headlamp protectors. Never seen this design before… and that is for a reason! I reached out to another guru, dic.125 on Instragram , to see if he knew any details. Sure enough, he did. He informed me that this was a prototype developed for the national self-defense force! What gives that away… that little white star on the front bumper. He also said they never took delivery of this model… hence its likely none were every really made beyond this prototype. Another interesting thing about this truck, if you poke around in the manual, is it has a 4 speed transmission! The US FJ40 didn’t get a 4 speed standard until 1974/1975. This manual is up on our site now in the 40 section of the FSM page. Go check it out, it’s definitely a rare document and thankful we all get to enjoy it.

HJ40.jpg

Chase, a small bit of trivia regarding the 4speed. The single piece top cover H41 was actually OPT in the US starting in 1969. It’s in the US microfiche.😉

Chase, a small bit of trivia regarding the 4speed. The single piece top cover H41 was actually OPT in the US starting in 1969. It’s in the US microfiche.😉
Mhh, but does it means anything?

On the mastercatalog I already noticed that some configuration not available were listed
1668041961235.png

4H 4-speed column shift... but no one ever saw this configuration and no model type has a 4H listed in the characteristics.

Crazy, never heard of that in the US.
But I am not that surprised to hear they were maybe available earlier as with a lot of things Land Cruiser.... most dates are kinda fuzzy.
Extra trivia fj25 also had a 4 speed

@Living in the Past most likely know the dates they were around
I always wondered why Toyota went to a 3 speed after the 20 series.... then back to a 4 speed later on. How were the manners/functionality of that early 4 speed compared to the 3 speed?

Users who are viewing this thread

• Bear
Back
Top Bottom