Definitive How To for Belt Moulding/Weatherstrip (3 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Thanks a ton @g-man! I couldn't tell from partsouq diagrams if the parts I'm clicking on are the felt & chrome or if they are the felts for use w/o chrome. It looks like the front outer ones are available from US dealers and from Impex-JP.

Would you happen to have part numbers for the rear ones and the clips as well? Again, I can't tell if the rears listed on Partsouq are intended for use w/ the chrome strips or not. Also, the clips that came off of mine are different than part number 6821190K00 listed on Partsouq shown here:

6821190K00-0.jpg

Mine don't have the tang that comes off the bottom. Mine are flat on the bottom, but maybe both work?

When I ordered my weatherstrip from Cruiser Corps they came with those same clips with the tang. They will work you just have to line up the clips so the tang fits in the slots in the metal door. In my opinion the old clips are stronger and will work better. Of course this is dependent on how much temp abuse they have had over the last 30 some years.
Since installing with the new "tang" style clips I had a few break and the weatherstrip come loose. Probably from me putting my arm on the door with the window down. I have since found some of my old and put them back on and secured the weatherstrip. I don't know if the flat type are available anymore. Partsouq does show that tang clip available as well as a metal one for the BJ, HJ and FJ. I have not tried the metal clips. I suggest saving any old clips that don't break when you switch out your weatherstrip.

part #s for the rear door outer weatherstrip, clip number is the same. As far as I know all the weatherstrip was made to be clipped to the chrome piece then snap into the door. I have seen some owners install them w/out the chrome but I don't know if that was ever an original option.

6818090A00WEATHERSTRIP, REAR DOOR GLASS, OUTER68163BJ60,FJ60,HJ60 RH108.1980 - 12.1985
6823090A00WEATHERSTRIP, REAR DOOR GLASS, OUTER68163FJ60 LH112.1985 - 04.1986
6818090A00WEATHERSTRIP, REAR DOOR GLASS, OUTER68163FJ60 RH112.1985 - 04.1986
6818090A01WEATHERSTRIP, REAR DOOR GLASS, OUTER68163FJ60 RH104.1986 - 08.1987
6823090A00WEATHERSTRIP, REAR DOOR GLASS, OUTER68163BJ60,FJ60,HJ60 LH108.1980 - 12.1985
6823090A01WEATHERSTRIP, REAR DOOR GLASS, OUTER68163FJ60 LH104.1986 - 08.1987

Thanks LCnAz and G-man for the info. Ive gotten all the parts to redo all my window. Curious if there are ant way to restore of fix the plastic/rubber ends on the chome trim. Mine are all cracked and half missing. Thought i take care of this too if im going to restore and have everytjing apart and hopefully not have to do this again. Thanks
B9FE7DDB-00C5-4374-AB34-4ABF4B4D0BBC.jpeg

Thanks LCnAz and G-man for the info. Ive gotten all the parts to redo all my window. Curious if there are ant way to restore of fix the plastic/rubber ends on the chome trim. Mine are all cracked and half missing. Thought i take care of this too if im going to restore and have everytjing apart and hopefully not have to do this again. ThanksView attachment 2832420
I have wanted to reproduce these for a while - I can make them out of a two part urethane rubber in a mold. I have yet to find a single good one though. If that's yours, send it me and I'll make a mold from it!

And yes, those things are shrunken and cracked on my truck. It drives me nuts.

I have wanted to reproduce these for a while - I can make them out of a two part urethane rubber in a mold. I have yet to find a single good one though. If that's yours, send it me and I'll make a mold from it!

And yes, those things are shrunken and cracked on my truck. It drives me nuts.
Unfortunately the one in picture is not mine. However mine are not as bad as most but really drying out. Would you need just one side (ie either the passenger side/driver side) and your mold will be able to duplicate (reverse) for the other side? Also theres the end toward the front of the car (which mine are in as good of shape).

Unfortunately the one in picture is not mine. However mine are not as bad as most but really drying out. Would you need just one side (ie either the passenger side/driver side) and your mold will be able to duplicate (reverse) for the other side? Also theres the end toward the front of the car (which mine are in as good of shape).
Sorry, the ones in the pic are towards the front of the car. I guess i was trying to say, the ones on the other end. Just looked at my truck, then there are some on the rear doors too.

Sorry, the ones in the pic are towards the front of the car. I guess i was trying to say, the ones on the other end. Just looked at my truck, then there are some on the rear doors too.
I would need both sides - I can't mirror the,. and yes, there's a front and a back. Maybe one day I'll find good examples of all of them.

68170 is the inner felt. Its felt attached to rubber that is pressed into an aluminum track. The backside of the track has tabs that attach to the door card. NLA as far as I know.
I have a direct replacement solution for these 68170-90A01 parts in the rear door panels.

I am using them with 3M VHB tape to install directly onto the metal door frame, but they can do the same work in the OEM position on the door cards. These parts do NOT have the metal tabs punched in them to clip into the door panel but the VHB takes care of that.

They have only been included with door panel orders so far but they will be added to the site to be available separately front or rear... front sets will be much cheaper than the $45-65 PER piece still available OEM. Same exact profile, high quality rubber and stainless.

20221001_142207.jpg

20221001_142303.jpg

Helped me install my trim! Awesome! LOOKING for a Chrome/stainless trim for the Drivers side window. Mine is beyond repair....does anyone have a used one in alright condition that I could potentially purchase?! thanks!

I have a direct replacement solution for these 68170-90A01 parts in the rear door panels.

I am using them with 3M VHB tape to install directly onto the metal door frame, but they can do the same work in the OEM position on the door cards. These parts do NOT have the metal tabs punched in them to clip into the door panel but the VHB takes care of that.

They have only been included with door panel orders so far but they will be added to the site to be available separately front or rear... front sets will be much cheaper than the $45-65 PER piece still available OEM. Same exact profile, high quality rubber and stainless.
Will they ever be available in black? I'm trying to "de-chrome" my truck after paint.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom