News! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

So when someone asks for your opinion don't be afraid to answer honestly.
This is from Euro4x4 who sent my exhaust parts for the BJ74.

"HI Jonathan, Thanks again for your detailed and honest review. I've passed on your comments to our warehouse team and of course to Micky !"

Your review from 17 Sep 2022, 15:27:51

My parts arrived without damage all the…

My parts arrived without damage all the way to west coast of Canada. The packaging was a miracle. The box was way too big for the muffler pipes. Barely held together with 2 pieces of packing tape. To be honest I would use more tape if I was just driving across the province. The 4 bags of hardware miraculously made it, they were what was blocking the hole in the corner of the box that got ripped apart my shipping company! Quite frankly stunned they hadn't fallen out along the way. My late review is due to DHL entirely. They apparently contracted out the shipping for the final 30 miles of the journey and Loomis ( subcontractor ) allowed the box to sit in warehouse for almost 30 days before delivery. But Hey, the parts came from 1/3 of the way around the world and I got them, so I'm happy. Europarts4x4 website is most excellent. Customer service people I dealt with were excellent. Special thanks to Mickey Ovregaard. I will be doing future business with Europarts4x4 again. Thanks again, completely satisfied customer!! J

Oct 21 2022. Canadian Tire in Nanaimo I see 31 pails. NOTE: T5. Not T4

8CF6B824-D934-4F10-9673-2A5AF378BD43.jpeg

I love a good deal as much as the next guy… but not at the expense of someone else.

Watch out for these…
420CC415-D392-47D6-9DD3-C01A7D24193D.jpeg
5651362D-C8AE-45A3-BF6D-BD5E5AF9C3D5.jpeg

Looks legit and I’d not want the risk buying stolen property.

Yeah, that’s too bad. It can’t be KMS undercutting the prices. They are not
very courteous there.

There is a reported shortage of diesel in N America. It's been sort of explained on US news feeds, but they dismiss anything
about shortages so hard to figure out. I'd expect us to get it bad soon. Our gov't has no intention of cutting us any financial
slack on fuel prices. Apparently it's our cars, not the fact that on Nov 15 the world population will hit 8 Billion.

Anyone tried running furnace oil in their IDI cruiser? I saw a 200gallon tank full of it for $1/litre on fb marketplace. Tempting...lol

No but @cruisedeisel i believe burns it in his IDI.

Bit of a crossover from the other thread, when you’re distilling pure 90%+ ethanol you can pour one for you and one for your diesel. 90+ ethanol will allow moisture in your tank and fuel system to bond to the diesel and emulsify. This will help protect your system from corrosion and well as lengthen the life of standing diesel by preventing microbes from breaking down the fuel and sludging up your injection system. A home brew diesel treatment.

Good for hoarding diesel bought at low prices. ;)

Last edited:
22% sale on Megazip. One of their better sales. Remember, don't order from different warehouses. Each order from
each warehouse, otherwise it gets messed up. It's only 3 days. Nov 9-11

Yupp! I have burnt through at least 5000L of furnace oil in the last 6 years. IP pump engines and rotary pump engines.

Anyone tried running furnace oil in their IDI cruiser? I saw a 200gallon tank full of it for $1/litre on fb marketplace. Tempting...lol
I've run it in diesels before too, something I read but have never verified is that the winter stuff has some sort of accelerant in it that isn't great for engines...

Actually might have been the old brit mechanic I used to work with. He had a pump setup and just refilled from his furnace tank, think it was him that said to only use the summer stuff.

But, that was almost 20 years ago, so who knows if it applies anymore. ( or if it ever did, that dude was as full of s*** as a clam :lol: )

I've run it in diesels before too, something I read but have never verified is that the winter stuff has some sort of accelerant in it that isn't great for engines...

Actually might have been the old brit mechanic I used to work with. He had a pump setup and just refilled from his furnace tank, think it was him that said to only use the summer stuff.

But, that was almost 20 years ago, so who knows if it applies anymore. ( or if it ever did, that dude was as full of s*** as a clam :lol: )

Cool, thanks very much. Thing to do I guess would be to read the tech literature on the exact product I'm buying. So buying old furnace oil might be a bit risky and not the best idea.

I ran 45 gallons of transformer oil a few years ago. Just mixed 50/50 with diesel. But I did actually compare the tech specs to diesel specs before using it.

Great to know thanks!

Can you come wheeling in Cowichan tomorrow?
I will not be coming unfortunately. I have the Molsen Canadian wood fired hot tub almost at 100 degrees and I also have a load of sockeye and spring in the smoker. I gapped out on the meet. I haven't been myself all week. All I know right now is that smoking meat, weed and tires makes me feel good. I hope you all have a safe and fun trip.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom