Asian Water Pump, Is This A Fake One? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I have read about buying certain auto parts from Amazon, EBay and the like, where at times some of the oem parts are not genuine…. I recently ordered an Aisin water pump for my daughter’s RAV4 through Amazon a received one where some markings appear to be removed, why would the vendor (or whomever) do this? There are also a few slight differences in the pump that came off the car and the new one. Could it be the pump is interchangeable with another brand of car, like Nissan, etc and that is what was etched off?

7A42F850-125A-44BC-B276-1ADBFA853E08.jpeg

BCAAD023-5CBA-41BA-A116-3AEBD01D2E16.jpeg

The aisin aftermarket parts are made from the same casts that aisin uses to make the parts they supply to Toyota. They grind off the Toyota, because aisin can't sell a toyota part because of whatever legal or liability or intellectual property agreement exists between AISIN and toyota. So no toyota warranty, etc. and theoretically aisin can set their own Q/A standards for the parts. The cast has likely been updated from the original one you have there so that explains the logo change. If you ordered a new toyota one, those changes would be seen too.
I would be fairly certain that's a genuine Aisin Aftermarket part. I would guess they keep the price of those parts down to discourage counterfeiting.
That being said, your best off ordering aisin aftermarket parts from rockauto or similar instead of ebay or amazon. Less likely to be counterfeit.

Thanks for the clarification @Njck22

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom