3rd annual Gary Telford Memorial fall run (Thurston Loop) November 5th (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I have a small portable bbq I can bring. Might be a bit better for dogs than a stove unless we have a griddle top.
I have lots of fire wood and can throw in a couple bundles as well.
Sure, bring the bbq along just in case we need it. Firewood will be helpful too!

Really doubt I can pull off this weekend, the GX probably hasn’t hit the right clearance or tires too.
The GX might have enough clearance unless the road is in really bad shape. Hard to know until we get up there.
The widow-maker hill can be bypassed around to the left side.
Tires might be an issue due to mud. Sorry if you can't make it.

I will bring the smokies, buns, mustard, and bottled water.
Does anyone have paper plates?
Our VHF frequency is 146.46 MHz for club chatter. The Chilliwack
Resource Road Channel for commercial vehicles is 150.500 MHz.

Hey Scalp, will get the paper plates I have plastic knives and forks.😎
OK, thanks.
If it turns out that we can't get up the trail, then the alternative is Foley Lake.
The turn off to Foley is approximately 27km from the roundabout at the start of Chilliwack Lake Road. Once you turn Left onto the gravel road, turn Right to stay on Foley Creek FSR (turning Left will take you to Mt Cheam trailhead) and make your way through the pot holes, puddles, and across a single lane bridge and you will see the lake on your left. We went
there one year and danced around the bonfire in the rain...

Saw this just now. Looks like lots of snow up Thurston. I am game to give it a try but does not look friendly to stock rigs. We may need to redirect to Foley.

Screenshot_20221104-061104_Facebook.jpg

Thanks Mike604. That's some good intel!

There will be a lot more snow up there after the heavy rains and cold weather today.

Great turnout and some new faces as well! Thanks Bill for your push to make it happen and cookin' up a storm on the BBQ too! Daryl led us through all the 'easy' routes, and it was perfect. 👍

20221105_115345.jpg

20221105_122248.jpg

20221105_152111.jpg

20221105_152120.jpg

20221105_152147.jpg

Missed you, @Ol Yeller. Get that 55 on th road already! 😜

Well, we sure lucked out considering the windstorm Friday and the snow today. We timed it

perfectly between weather events, so how lucky can you get at the end of the fall wheeling

season? It was a perfect Vedder Mountain run with all the elements: great people, sunshine, snow dusting,

and some technically challenging trails.

The crew were both old hands and new enthusiasts. Daryl H, Drew E, Andrew, Gary B & Nicole in their new Bronco, Mike 604, FJ Cruiser Mike, Franz & Kristen in two 60 series, and myself on shotgun. The new crew were Grace & Mat in their 100 series diesel, and Dorcas & Roger in their new Jeep Rubicon. Nine vehicles in all and eager for some good wheel'n. I hope I haven't missed anybody...
Morning Lineup.JPG
FJ.jpg
Bronco.jpg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom